2 | my mask

I left too many marks on my already torn skin.

Il Diario degli Errori- Michele Bravi
(Italian song)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get out of the shower and wrap my wet body in a bathrobe. I get my bag ready for tonight: shoes, mask, dress, makeup and whatever else I know I'll need.

The logo of the place where I work is on the bag, the black feathers that are part of it have always enchanted me.

I get dressed by putting on something comfortable, take my car keys and leave. Destination, well ...

Do you think I'm going to the gym? Wrong.

I park my car and get off to go to the main entrance.

As soon as I enter I see a slim figure at the counter.

《Hey Lili.》

I greet the woman with a long cigarette in her red lips. She barely looks up to wave to me to tell me that she has seen me.

She is busy counting a bunch of money in her hands. The usual.
I pull the bag higher over her shoulders as I walk into the locker room.

I greet the girls who had already arrived. One girl, in particular, greets me cheerfully as soon as she sees me, Nayeon.
Stage name: Bad Bunny.

《Hey, you work today?》

《Yes, I need money.》 I lie. I don't do it for money, well, not just for that.

I open the bag and take out everything I have prepared before. I put myself in front of the large mirror that is at our disposal and start preparing for tonight, I make a small ponytail, I leave half of them down. Lastly, I put on my mask. Once finished I look at myself in the mirror.

The mask covered the part of my eyes, the upper part of the face in short, including the nose; it's hard to recognize me like that.

My gaze is perfectly framed, it gives me something mysterious and is appreciated by the people who come here.

The black dress fit me perfectly, it outlines my curves, tight around my breasts and my waist. The heels slender my legs, even tho I'm not very tall.

I wait a while and chat with the other girls. I approach the stage, in a bit, it's my turn.

《And now ladies and gentlemen ...》 drum roll.

《Our amazing, Chérie!》

I hear cheering coming from the audience.

My heartbeat is speeding up. It's an excitement that I will never tire of.

I go out from behind the scenes and walk slowly towards the stage. Eyes are all on me.

My fingers wrap around the cold pole that glistens under all the coloured lights. I take a deep breath and wait for the music to play.

Let the show begin.

I always start swaying my hips slowly, circling the pole. The slow and sensual music accompanied me with every movement, helping to melt completely. The eyes are on me, I see them from above the stage. All men. Most businessmen, fathers of families. There are only a couple of women.

They are happy, they watch every movement without losing a second. They are drooling.

I pass the pole between my butt, I go down bending my knees. The cold pole runs down my spine. My exposed skin is covered with chills. But it wasn't for the cold.