Don't Look Back- Chapter 6

Chapter 6-

I woke up the next morning and I felt refreshed, I didn't know if it was because of the kiss between me and Justin or realizing that the week was almost over. I got up and walked over to my bathroom to shower and get ready for school.

After my shower I got dressed casually in my cheer camp shirt some shorts and a pair of flip-flops. I walked down stairs grabbed a bagel and sat down; I hated waiting for Jessica, she always took forever.

"Jessica come on, we have to go to school!!" I yelled up the stairs, I'm a very impatient person so I couldn't help it. 

"Oh my gosh Alexa, I'm coming!"

 I laughed and smiled at her, I loved to push her buttons. 

"Okay let's go now, after all school is cool!" I say it as sarcastically as I can with a little thumbs up motion. She laughs and follows me out the door to the car. We arrive at the school on time and even though it's been two days since the fight between me and Chase, I just don't want to deal with him first thing in the morning. I walked alone to my home room and sat  down expecting to see Justin, but he wasn't there and that made me feel lonely. I blinked confused. Lonely? I barely knew him and I was sad because he wasn't here. Great, what a nice way to start my morning.

The day was going by pretty fast and I hated that, I didn't want lunch to come because I didn't want to see Chase. I walked into the cafeteria, got in line and ordered a coke and a sandwich. I walked over to my usual table and sat down by myself waiting for the inevitable to happen. I opened my coke and took a sip. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around only to face non-other than Chase standing behind me. I turned around and pushed my food away from me and faced him, sighing.

"Alexa, listen to me I just want to say I'm sorry, I never should have said that or even begun to think that about you and I -" He was starting to say something else but I cut him off.

"Chase, I don't know what to say, I mean you accused me of some really upsetting things, how do you think I feel?" He opened his mouth to talk again but I cut him off.

 "No, I'm not done talking yet I think I can only forgive if you honestly apologize to me, and know what upset me the most, you'd know the reason if you were really paying attention." I looked at him and put my hands on my hips staring at him waiting for him to say something, he didn't. I was getting really mad and more people where walking into the cafeteria, so I turned around and started to walk away from him, when I felt his hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

"Listen, please." He was talking in a pleading voice, and I just couldn't walk away. I stood there and folded my arms across my chest. I sighed. 

"You have one minute and no longer, so make it count and make it fast." I said in a snappy voice. He took hold of my hands and held them in his I couldn't help but compare the feeling of his hands on mine to when Justin touched me, because there was no feeling nothing at all; no tingles or tiny bits of heat, just coldness. I looked up at him waiting for him to begin speaking.

"Alexa, babe, I'm sorry that I ever said that you would cheat on me, I'm sorry I was even stupid enough to think that!" He looked down at me to see if his words were making an impact. They weren't. This apology actually kind of made me madder. I was getting tired of the fighting so I did what the more mature person would do.

"I forgive you Chase." I looked at him and he looked taken aback. I looked into his eyes and I thought I saw disappointment too, but I must be seeing things, why would he be disappointed? He quickly covered up what I thought disappointment was with a smile and he leaned down to kiss me, I hesitated but I kissed him back, and again I felt nothing, this kiss felt dull compared to Justin's and his lips felt weird too. I pulled away and looked down to my feet, what's wrong with me? Why am I thinking about Justin every time Chase touches me? I grabbed his hand and quickly sat down at the table I wasn't hungry anymore, I was confused and I didn't know what to do. I grabbed my coke and took a few drinks before setting it down with a thud. Jessica and Aimee came walking over and I smiled at them. Jessica was the first to comment when she saw Chase and I holding hands.

"So you guys made up then?" She had a smile on her face and I fake smiled nodding my head yes. What is going on?! Why aren't I happy about this?

Aimee gave one of her bitchy smiles and turned towards me. "Some how I knew you guys would make up, oh well the little fight was fun while it lasted." She put fight in air quotes, and I looked at her puzzled, she was really acting weird I glanced at chase and he looked at her in a way that was hard to describe, okay what's going on? Apparently Jessica noticed too because she sent me a look that said, 'what's that about?' I just shrugged my shoulders and picked at my sandwich making it look like I actually ate it. Lunch went by pretty normal besides for Chase and I making up and Aimee's weird glances toward me. I felt the kicking again and something in my mind was telling me it was Aimee, so I decided to say something about it.

"Why do you keep kicking me, this is the second time you did it so what's the damn problem?" I shot her one of my dirtiest looks and narrowed my eyes.

"Oh Alexa, wouldn't you like to know?" I looked at her dumbfounded, OK so it was her kicking me, I just couldn't understand why. We knew each other since 8th grade, and I mean we weren't best friends but we were close. So it didn't make since why she was acting like this. I looked at her she was smiling, her curly blonde hair falling down her shoulders and in front of one of her blue eyes. She pushed it away still smiling at me.

"I don't know what your problem is but your pissing me off Aimee and you won't like me when I'm pissed off. So why don't you just leave me alone and fuck off." I used my sweet voice the voice I use whenever I'm trying to get on someone's nerves and it seems as if it was working. She was annoyed I could tell because she rolled her eyes at me and walked away, just to be a bitch I called after her.

"Bye Aimee, glad we could have this lovely talk!" She turned around briefly and flipped me off before walking away completely, I laughed and drank the last of my coke as Jessica and everyone else at the table stared at me.

"What?" I was a bit confused I mean I didn't do anything wrong or anything.

"Bad ass." Said Jessica and I giggled and everything seemed back to normal, for now anyways.

[AN: Sorry this chapter was boring-ish there's probably going to be another short chapter or two after this since I have something major planned out next.

Anyway, Vote, Comment, and Fan!]