Don't Look Back- Chapter 8

Chapter 8-

It was 8:15 in the morning and I had been waiting in the doctor’s office for half an hour.  I really hated waiting especially in offices, they were always so quiet and nerve racking.

After what seemed like forever they finally called me in.

“Thank God…” I mumbled under my breath as I stood up and started to limp/walk over toward the nurse. She saw me limping and helped me into the room, she sat me down and threw a hospital gown at me and told me to quickly change for my x-rays.

I did as I was told and she helped me to the x-ray room.

Forty-five minutes  after the x-ray the doctor came in and told me that it was sprained, but I could still walk around and cheer on it.

I returned to school just in time for gym, which I got out of. Mr.Hamilton was sick so the boys had gym with the girls today . Just to my luck Justin had gym this hour too.

I was spacing out when I heard footsteps and a voice behind me.

“What’d you do now, trip up the stairs?” I turned toward the voice and saw Justin smirking at me.

“Haha, Justin that was so funny I almost forgot to laugh.”I stopped talking and rolled my eyes at him. I stood up and shifted my weight so it wasn’t on my bad ankle. “Why weren’t you here yesterday or did it just appeal to you not to come?”

He looked at me and he still had a smile playing at the corners of his mouth. His eyes trailed down my face and looked at my lips; I blushed and lightly bit my bottom lip turning my head away. He must not have realized that he was looking at them because once he saw my face heat and my head turn he looked down and I could have sworn I saw him blush. I decided to use this to my advantage and tease him.

“What where you staring at?” I looked at him and tried to use my innocent voice and eyes. He looked up at me his eyes wide and his checks were pink. I was right HA! I’m so going to enjoy this.

“I wasn’t looking at anything…” He looked away then and I stifled a giggle at his discomfort.

“Are you sure it was nothing, I mean it looked like you were staring my face, my lips to be exact…” I smiled as his face grew hotter; he actually looked cute when he was embarrassed. Wait? Did I just think that, my brain was really confusing me about this boy and it made me feel like I was going crazy.

I shook the thought out of my head and looked back to him waiting for him to answer my question.

“Yeah I was starring at your lips,” he started speaking then stopped thinking of a way to continue his sentence, “But I was only looking at them because—“

“Justin! Get over here or you will start to lose points, did I say you could go mess around! No I told you to run around the track so get moving, let’s go, hurry.” I looked at the substitute and gave a smile that said ‘Thanks, I appreciate it’.

“See ya Alexa I hope you feel better.” I smiled at him a real smile. I waved bye as he walked away rolling his eyes as he passed the gym teacher. The hour passed quickly and I was glad for that. I stood up and walked inside the school. I got to my locker and entered the combination reluctantly grabbing my biology book, as I started walking to lunch.

“Hey babe.” I turned around and saw Chase standing there smiling at me.

“Hey, how’ve you been? I’m sorry I wasn’t here earlier, I had a doctor’s appointment.” I turned to him and kissed his cheek as I took his hand and intertwined our fingers.

“Good, but we should get going to lunch or they’ll run out of good food and we won’t have our table.”

We started walking to lunch and Chase offered to get my food for me because of my ankle.