Don't look back- Chapter 22

Chapter 22-

I woke up the next morning tired, and I didn't feel like doing anything fancy for school. I got out of bed and found the longest pair of shorts I own that aren't made of jean material along with a tank top and t-shirt.

I yawn loudly and make my way to my bathroom; I turn the shower on making the water feel nice and warm before undressing. I stepped into the shower sighing and stood there, trying to feel more awake.

After a minute or three I finally decided to wash my hair and body, I stepped out and wrapped the towel around my body. I dry off quickly and get dresses plugging in the hair dryer. I dried my hair and put it up in a pony tail, some of the loose pieces coming undone. I let them hang around my face and lightly did my make-up.

I walked out to my room and snatched my phone from my charger. I picked my school bag and went next door to Jessica's room. I lightly tapped on her door before opening it slowly.

She wasn't there.

I let out a puff of air and walk down the stairs to the fridge to make a bowl of cereal. I’m in the process of taking a bite when my phone starts ringing, it scares me half to death and I end up almost choking.

“Hel-ll-o?” I ask in between coughs.

“Forget to chew your food again, gorgeous?” I try to hold in my coughs but end up letting one slip and Justin begins to laugh.

“Haha, funny stupid, but you've actually made me choke, again.”

“Technically, it wasn't me it was my phone call.”

“Same thing Justin.” I roll my eyes at him even though he couldn't see. I finish my cereal and rinse out the bowl before putting into the dishwasher.

"Whatever, just let me ask my question before I forget it." I roll my eyes at him and wait for him to continue. “Anyways, do you need a ride to school today?”

“No, Thanks for the offer though.” I walk over to my tote bag to grab my car keys when I find them missing. I sigh and turn around to lean on the counter.

“Oh, but why don't you need a ride?” he asks me casually.

“Well as you know, the homecoming dance is coming in pretty soon and I need to start dress and shoe shopping so I’m going to mall after school.”

“I can take you to the mall, stoo-pid.” he said it so the word stupid came out funny.

“Stupid? I thought I was gorgeous.” I smile when it takes him a minute to say something.

“Just shut up and walk outside, with your stuff.” he hangs up on me and I smile feeling victorious.

I pick up my tote bag and walk to the door. I peek out and see Justin in his car waiting for me. I open the door and walk down to him smiling. I open the door and get in pulling my shorts down so they cover my legs a bit more.

The longest shorts I had where only cheer shorts.

“Okay Justin you're taking me to the mall today then.” he lets out a groan and starts the car up. I let out a small yawn and close my eyes leaning back in the seat.

“Tired are we?”

I turn my head to him and smile.

“Yes, and I wonder why that is.” I say sarcastically. I lean forward and turn on the radio, there are no good songs so I get out my iPod and plug it in. Breath Today by Flyleaf starts playing and I hum along to it, I feel Justin starring at me and turn to look at him.