Don't look back- Chapter 17

Chapter 17-

The next morning Jessica avoided me like the plague. I had no idea why she was, I didn't remember doing anything to her. I bet its what was bothering her last night.

I walked upstairs after I put my cereal blow in the dishwasher.

“Jess?” I walked over to her door and was about to knock on it when I heard talking. I stopped and listened to her conversation trying to see if it dealt with how she was acting.

“What do you mean you aren't going to tell her?” she paused for a moment and I didn't hear anyone so I was guessing she was on the phone

“No, I’m not I’m not heartless, no matter how badly I want to I wont do it.”

“Fine, do what ever you want to you wouldn’t listen to me anyway, your nothing but a a douche, you should have been the one person to know-” she was cut off, and I heard her sigh angerly.

I took this as the time to knock on the door.

“Jess?” I knocked on the door lightly. I heard her tell the person on the phone she had to go.

“Alexa, I thought you were downstairs?” she looks at me then looks down.

“I was but I just came up.” I lied casually.

“Oh, okay, well I have to go see you soon.” she quickly ran by me and down the stairs leaving me alone in the big house.

“Bye Jess.” I walk across the hall to my room and sit on my bed. I sit there and read for a hour before I start to feel lonely and get upset. I close my book hard and let it drop to the floor.

I picked up my phone and saw it was one o'clock in the afternoon. I sighed and went into my bathroom to take a relaxing bath. I couldn't shower like I wanted due to my ankle.

I started the water and let the tub fill up as I walked back into my room to grab my clothes, my iPod and the speakers that went with it.

I took off my air cast and quickly undressed before getting into the warm bath water. I pressed the play button on for my iPod speakers and the music started. I sighed, something I was doing a lot of today, and leaned my head back against the cool tile of the wall.

I closed my eyes and listened to What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club. I couldn't help but think about Jessica. She was really worrying me. I also wanted to know who she was arguing with on the phone, and why she left so quickly when she saw me.

I quickly finished my bath and decided I wanted go somewhere instead of sit home alone.

I changed and ran a brush through my hair before walking out of my bathroom and grabbing my phone. I scrolled through my contacts and found Justin's number. I pressed call and waited for him to answer.

“Hello?” I heard him ask.

“Hey, Jessica left and I’m alone so I was wondering if I could go to your house and hang out?” I asked him nervously and bite my bottom lip.

“Of course you can, do you want me to come pick you up?” I thought about it for a minute. Maybe it would be best for him to pick me up.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” I smile.

“Alright I’ll be there in about 5 minutes.”

“Okay, see you then.” I picked up my air cast and put it on. I walked to find my house keys and purse.

“I'm leaving now, bye.” he hung up and I did the same putting my phone in the pocket of my shorts. I made my way downstairs and waited till he got here. I was getting nervous once I realized that I’ve never bee to Justin's house before.