Don't look back- Chapter 27

Chapter 27-

I had to sit down; it was all too much for me. I put my head in my hands and let out an uneven breath.

“Why are you here?” I finally asked with my head still in my hands so it came out muffled. I didn't want to look at him, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Jessica previously left the room so it was just us.

“I can't tell you right now.” he said as he stood up and sat down on the same couch with me. I scooted a away from him and heard him sigh.

“So why did you decide to come here now then, can you at least tell me that?” I snapped at him standing up from the couch and turning to face him angrily.

“I told you that I’d see you soon.”

When he said that I took three steps away from him. I was angry and partially in shock.

“So you think it's okay to send mysterious letters and text messages to me? Your own daughter?!” I scream at him in shock.

I couldn't believe this, my own father was the one sending me messages that I thought where from a stalker or at least some creep who was trying to scare me.

Turns out I was right, it was a creep except this creep was my dad and he thought his intentions where good.

“I didn't mean to scare you Alexa, I just had to contact you in a way that wouldn't let anybody know who I was.”

“Do you know how scared I was and who the hell cares if people knew you where back!”

“I can't tell you! Believe me if I could I would.” he looked down at his hands that where in fists.

“Are you staying here tonight?” I asked him in a quiet voice.

“I'm staying here for a while actually.” he told me in a small voice.

That did it. I turned around and ran all the way upstairs and into my room I grabbed my school bag and some clothes before going back downstairs. I couldn't stay here tonight. Not after everything that I just heard.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to sit outside. I called Justin, he picked up on the second ring.

“Did you miss me already? You know it's only been an hour.” I heard him chuckle, it almost caused me to smile. Almost.

“I kind of need somewhere to stay tonight so could I stay with you, please?” I bit my lip nervously.

“Yeah, of course you can, can I ask why?” he asked me I could hear the concern in his voice.

“I'll tell you later, alright?”

“Okay, are you still at your house?” I heard the car start in the background.

“Yeah. Talk to you when you get here.” I hung up after he said goodbye. I sat on the steps hugging my knees to my chest; I should have brought a jacket with me and I mentally cursed myself for it. I heard the door open and I turned around to see my 'dad'.

“Why are you outside?” my dad asked me still standing in the door way.

“Waiting for my ride.” I told him coldly.

“You’re leaving?”

“Yes, I am and your questions are really getting annoying.”

“Sorry, it's just I haven't seen you in almost 5 years.”

I snort at that and thankfully Justin pulls up then. He steps out of the car and I hold up my index finger towards him, telling him to wait a minute.