Don't Look Back- Chapter 31

Chapter 31-

Throwing my phone back into my purse, I finally exited the car and walked up the path and up the stairs to the house where the party was at.

I should have never listened to that message from Justin, the only thing it did was make me more confused and upset. Opening the door I walked in and scanned the room trying to find Jessica. I did find my other best friend though.

“Alexa, I thought you weren't going to make it!” Shane says as he stand next to me, shouting over the loud music.

“I came.” I tell him shouting a bit as well.

“Why didn't you answer any of my calls or text messages?” he asks me confused as we step into the kitchen area. It's a bit quieter in here so we don't have to yell.

“I was, in my room. Sorry I didn't hear it ring.” I lie to him vaguely. I would tell him the truth but I just didn't feel like explaining the whole Justin situation right now.

“Do you want a drink?” Shane asks me holding out his cup. I look at it and see it filled with beer. The smell of it makes me scrunch up my nose.

“No thanks, I don't drink.” I tell him pushing his hand away. He stares at me with wide eyes for a minute before taking a drink out of his cup.

“You don't know what your missing. So where's Justin at? Aren't you two joined at the hip or something?” I looked down and crossed my arms across my chest.

“We're not really talking to each other.”

“Why?”

“I found out he kissed Savannah and he never told me about it even though he's kissed me many times before. Then we kind of fought about it and I went home.” after saying everything I looked over to Shane, waiting to see his reaction. He looked a little shocked, and I was happy about that because it meant he didn't know about Justin and Savannah's kiss.

“What? I thought he liked you?”

“I thought so too. Is he coming here tonight?”

“Uh, yeah he is.” he tells me hesitantly.

“Great.”

We talk for a few more minutes till one of the few junior girls at the party go up to Shane and ask him to dance. He looks at me and I mouth for him to go. He smiles and walks with her into the living room that's been turned into the dance floor.

I find Jessica with some other cheerleader's standing by the table with all the alcohol on it. I go and stand next to them and talk to them for a while. They told me how much they missed me being the captain instead of Aimee. I smiled at them and tried to monitor Jessica’s drinking.

An hour later, Jessica is drunk and dancing with some people on the dance floor. I sigh and look around the room. Party's are supposed to be fun so why was I all alone and feeling depressed?

I don't know why, but I looked over to the front door. Right when I did that Justin walked in. I don't know if he saw me, but I saw him and apparently so did a lot of other girls. I wondered why they didn't swarm him at school but then it hit me.

He wasn't by me.

One of chase's friends I didn't know very well came over to me. I looked away from Justin and his groupies to look at him.

“How's the party?” he asks over the loud music and the tons of people in the kitchen.

“It's great.” I tell him flatly. That was a lie, the party sucked and I was going out of my mind.