Don't look back- Chapter 12

Chapter 12-

It was loud and crowded by eight I was beginning to regret inviting the whole school.

“Hey babe I’ve barely seen you around tonight.” I turned and saw Chase with a cast on his right arm.

I walked over to him and grabbed his hand.

“How are you feeling, does it hurt.”

“Not, really. Do you want to dance?” I nod my head and we go out to the dance floor.

We danced together for about forty-five minutes and I was getting tired.

“I’m gonna go get something to drink, do you want anything?” He nods and I walk over to the drink table take two cups and pour some punch in them.

I make my way back to the dance floor and look for Chase.

“Where the hell did he go?” I look around the floor but I can’t find him.

I walk over by the DJ where there’s this little table Jessica set up to put your drinks on while you dance.

“I don’t think you need two cups of punch so I’ll just take this one.” I look up to see Justin stealing one of my cups.

“Well they weren’t both for me you know.” I take a drink of my punch and glare at him.

“Sure they weren’t, but I’ll pretend to believe you for now anyway.”

Just as I was about to say something Jessica came running over to me and she pulled me to the dance floor.

“Jessica, what’s wrong?” I laugh and look at her.

“Shh, we have to dance now.” I look at her hand and see a cup I pick it up and sniff it.

“Jess, how many did you drink?” she hold up 3 fingers and her pinky.

“Four?!”

“No silly three and a half.” I knew it she’s drunk. I should have known she always gets carried away at parties.

"Where did you get this?" I ask her impatiently.

“Outside in the back yard.” I turn to go outside but she grabs a hold of my arm.

“Dance with me, please?” I sigh and nod my head and reluctantly hand her back the cup.

We dance for a while but then she starts to feel dizzy and she starts to sweat.

“I think you need to go lie down for a while Jess.” I led her to the door but she was too heavy for me to carry her to the house.

“Need a hand?” I nod and Justin comes over to take Jessica’s side.

“Thanks.” I open the door and we lead her out of the guest house to the main house.

I unlock the door and turn the light on and walk upstairs to clean off her bed, Justin follows behind me and sets her on her bed.

I take off her shoes and then she lays down I cover her up and turn her lights off as we walk out.

“Thanks for helping me with her; she can be a handful sometimes.”

“Tell me about it you weren’t the one who had to carry her, but she did say some things.” He looks down at me smiling.

I stop walking halfway to the guesthouse door.

“What did she say?”

“A lot of things, but she mostly talked about you.” I look at him confused.