Don't look back- Chapter 21

Chapter 21-

[A/N: I decided to just make this another chapter instead of having two parts, sorry if it's short! Enjoy!]

- - - - - - - - -

After my in class outburst I decided to skip the rest of my morning classes and hang out in the IMC.

What surprised me was how none of the teachers found me here, or how I wasn't paged in to the principal’s office.

It was currently lunch but I wasn't in the mood to eat, and I most definitely wasn't in the mood to see anybody or sit alone for that matter. I had my ipod in and turned to full blast, I was on the computer googling different random things.

That was why I really didn't notice when someone came and sat by me. I closed out of my email and then decided to look at flowers for my mother’s grave.

I could the person who sat next to me starring so I turned my attention to them. He looked like he was a year or two younger than me and he had blonde shaggy hair with green eyes.

“Hey.” he said casually.

“Hi.” I replied back not really knowing why he was here talking to me.

“You're Alexa aren't you?” I nodded as my answer and continue to look at the flowers. I decided to look for ones that were white, blue and purple.

“Oh, well I heard about you. And I also think what you did today was pretty cool that Chase guy seems like an asshole.” I turned to look at him to see if he was making fun of me or being sarcastic. He wasn't and I smiled.

“Thanks, and he is an ass by the way.” I signed off the site, but not before writing down the name of the flowers I was going to order for my mom. I took the headphones out of my ears and paused the song that was currently playing.

I reached down to pick up my bag but before I could bend down properly he had my bad in his hands.

“Thank you, what's your name by the way?” I put my ipod in my bag then set it on the computer desk.

“Shane,” I started to think and see if I knew any Shane’s in my class but I couldn't think of anybody. He must have noticed this since he said, “I'm a junior.”

“Oh, I thought you were younger.” I told him with a small smile.

“Well, I’m only 17 so I don't think I’m too young.” I laughed and then the bell rang for the next class. I stood up and logged myself out of the computer before picking up my bags.

“Let me carry those for you.” Shane said holding his hand out to my bags.

“No, I got it thank you though.” I slung my tote bag on my shoulder which ended up hitting the computer screen. I quickly held onto it to stop it from knocking over. I heard Shane laughing and it caused me to blush and frown.

“What's so funny?” I backed away from the computers.

“Nothing. But we're going to be late for class if we don't hurry.” We hurried out of the IMC and into the hall.

“What's your next class?” I asked casually. People where still staring at me and some where even pointing but I just rolled my eyes at them.

“Biology with Ms.Stevens.” I stopped walking and looked at him.

“I thought you were a junior?”

“I am but I had so many credits that I’m counted as a senior.” I nodded.

“Well, I'll show you where it is since I have that class too.” he followed me into the biology class room. I walked over to my lab table and sat down my bags. Shane took the seat next to me.