Don't look back- Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I blinked a few times, shocked. If I was drinking anything I would have spit it out.

I scoffed breathlessly. "What? I mean, – What?" I finally sputter out to her after what felt like forever.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My heart felt like it was being weighed down with lead. My mind was racing.

Did Justin really kiss Savannah? Is Jessica lying to me?

Why would she lie to you? I found my conscience ask me. I immediately thought of Aimee but I knew Jessica wouldn't lie to me for her.

But then I was left with the number one question; why the hell didn't she tell me right after she saw it happen? She knew I was cheated on once, why not tell me if I was being cheated on a second time?

I mean even if she didn't know for sure if we where dating she could have at least told me. Why wouldn't he tell me? He had the nerve to kiss me and touch me but he wouldn't tell me that he kissed someone else?

I don't care if we aren't dating, I kissed him on more than one occasion and he never told me.

And to top it all off, I was in love with him. Why couldn't Jessica of told me sooner, when I didn't realize I was in love with Justin?

It would have made things so much easier and it wouldn't have hurt me this much. I didn't feel like this when I caught Aimee and chase having sex.

That's because you where never in love with Chase idiot.

So my conscience picks a time like this to call me a name.

Wait, I think I’m I might be going crazy I’m sitting here asking myself all these rhetorical questions and arguing with myself.

This can't be healthy.

I finally decide to speak.

"Are you sure it was him?" I ask her still kind in denial.

"I'm positively sure because when I saw savannah pull away I got a clear look of his face. Then I went up to him and told him off. He told me not to tell you but I had to. I didn't want you to get hurt again Lex. Your like my sister." she tells me tearing up a bit at the end and looking down at her hands.

"I know I should have told you sooner, but I just couldn't. I mean you where in the hospital! I didn't want to upset you while you where in the freaking hospital, I mean what kind of person would I be if I did that? I also thought that you would take it better hearing it from him. When I saw you guys together the past few weeks I knew he didn't tell you so I just had to do it myself. I tried to tell you that day in the kitchen but you weren't talking to me. I admit now that I shouldn't have abandoned you for Aimee but it was better than having to lie to your face. I couldn't lie to you, I would never lie to you." she finally finishes her long monologue and lets out a shaky breath. A tell tale sign she was about to cry.