Protection.

His lungs were burning, legs throbbing but he knew he couldn't stop now. If he did she'd get him. Who? Well, the black-haired man didn't know who. It was just a girl, she looked like a high school student.

Turning around to see where that crazy bitch went, his light grey eyes saw no one. He was all alone in some back alley part of the city. The shadiest part. Taking a moment to breathe, his blood ran cold as he heard giggling then felt the icy grip of death breathing down his neck. Why was this happening?

It all started with a certain customer that came into Y/n's store at least once a week for cigarettes. He was quiet and withdrawn like he was trying to keep a low profile. However, whenever one speaks and argues with oneself, that person would draw attention.

Sadly Jin had gotten the attention of a few random jerks, they figured he was crazy. An easy mark, they would follow him, beat up the poor fellow, and take whatever cash or goods he had on him. Big mistake on their part.

Walking into the local corner store, Jin walked around for a moment. Grabbing a few things here and there, sweets that Toga might like, glass cleaner, and rags for Kurogiri. Batteries for both Spinner and Shigaraki. Flowers for Big Sis Magne's grave, a deck of cards for Mr. Compress, and finally a book about Stain for Dabi.

(Twice is baby, he is a good boy, no one can tell me otherwise.😌)

A few minutes after entering the store, three other men also entered. One had grey eyes and black hair, they too looked around, read magazines, chatted with each other, killed time, and following the only other customer in the store. This put you on high alert, were they going to try to rob the place? If so, you were going to give them the money without a fight. The money was insured, replaceable, your life was not.

When the grey-blue-eyed, blond man walked over to the register, you noticed how one of the other males, the black-haired one, nodded toward him, then headed outside. This made you nervous, not for yourself but the slightly older individual in front of you.

"Will that be all, sir?"

"Yeah. No. A pack of cigarettes too." He said, clearly fighting with himself. Jin gestured to the ones he wanted. Nodding, you turned around to grab the pack he had gestured to. Upon turning back around, you saw that someone had reentered the store.

Ringing up his items, slowly, you made conversation with Bubaigawere. Who seemed happy and upset about all of this. One second he was happy, the next he wasn't, all of this was happening under his breathe.

Making sure to keep an eye on the others. They weren't leaving, simply waiting around, that sealed your suspicions. You told the stranger the total. As he paid and got ready to leave, you stopped him, claiming there was something on him. Asking if you could grab it, you leaned over. The warmth of your minty breathes fanned against his ear, causing a small blush to appear on his features.

Of course, there was nothing there, you simply wanted to whisper something to the unknown man. "Hey man, you come in here a lot, so, here's a heads up. Those three guys in the back of the story seem to be targeting you. Be careful, do you want to stay here while I call the cops?"

Jin was taken aback by this, someone helping him, a stranger, a villain at that. It was unheard of but he liked it. Doing a quick double-take, he replies. "Thanks for your help, I'm fine. See you next month." With that, he left. Sure enough, the trio left shortly afterward.

Feeling like something bad was going to happen, you told your coworker what was going on. They rolled their eyes and said not to get involved, that guy was crazy and probably deserved it. Frowning, you pushed past your coworker, stating you were going on break.

Stepping outside, you walked down the block. Immediately looking around, you had no idea where to go but walked onward anyway. By pure luck you stumbled upon a scene, the three men had Bubaigawere cornered. They were ready to jump him. With their quirks at the ready, they stalked the poor man.

That's when you called out, "OVER HERE OFFICERS, SOMEONE'S BEING ROBBED!" Hearing that they took off, running the other way. Unbeknown to you, a pair of grey eyes lingered before leaving. Twice looked at you as you calmly made your way over. No police officers showed up. "I knew those creeps were up to no good, did they hurt you at all?"

"No, yes, thank you cutie." His strange way of talking made you laugh. They hadn't hurt him, in fact, you had just saved their lives, Twice had made a clone of Dabi to take care of those pests. The clone was hiding nearby.

Saying your goodbyes, you headed back into the shop to finish your shift, never knowing that your kindness had sparked a flame.

Jin started coming in twice a month, then once a week. Every time he would wait for you. Chatting with you, letting you ring him up, and generally helping your shift go by faster. Your coworkers thought the blond was creepy, so they were glad you would take him.

One day you didn't show up, that didn't sit well with Bubaigawere. Where were you? Why weren't you here? Getting his normal pack of smokes, he left the store. The next day he came by, you weren't there, then he came by again, still no sight of you. This went on for a week.

Reaching his breaking point, Twice was about to walk into the shop and ask one of your coworkers what happened to you. That is until he overheard them talking about you. The reason you had been missing was due to an injury. Someone had jumped you, robbed you. After taking your money or whatever you had worth value, they stabbed you and left you for dead.

How could someone do that to you!?! You're so kind, at least to him. Where were the damn pros when they were needed? This was why he disliked them, fake heroes.

Knowing he couldn't come visit you in the hospital, he decided to send you flowers, no name was placed on the card, just a small, get well soon, you're missed. Followed by, I hope you die, no one misses you. That was a dead giveaway as to who sent them.

While you were away recovering, Twice took to the streets, asking around about your incident. No one had any information. That didn't stop him though, nothing would. Reaching another dead end, Jin growled to himself before going back to the bar.

Heading inside, he sat down. Right as he was about to order himself a drink, some loudmouth man came in. He seemed to be in high spirits, his jet black hair was pulled back in a ponytail, his grey eyes scanned the room.

Settling at the bar, he tapped the counter, making Kurogiri appear. Ordering a drink, he waited for his buddies. Once they got there, they moved towards the back of the bar. Next to were Toga was currently sitting and watching TV. Instantly their faces came back to Jin's mind, they had tried to rob him.

As they talked, the messy bun-wearing female overheard their conversation. She knew about Twice's friend, she didn't know the full story though. Getting up, she skipped over to the other blond and told him what she had just overheard.

The look in his eyes, oh, it was something Himiko had never seen before. Not in Twice. Silently Bubaigawere left the bar, slipping into the dead of night.

"Why... Why are you doing this?" Asked the dark-haired man. The clone of Toga turned away before disappearing. Not taking a second to think about what that meant, he ran away again, running right into Twice, who quickly and quietly covered his mouth. All while stabbing him repeatedly in the sides, back, then finally in between the ribs.

"You asked why. Well, it's to Protect Y/n of course. The heroes won't do it or the cops. I have to do it. My sweetest Y/n protected me, helped me, cares for me. I'll do the same." As the life drained from his victim's eyes, Bubaigawere smiled.

I can't wait to see Y/n again. Maybe I should start walking them home. No one could hurt them if I did that.

1462 words.

Hope you liked it MmmChildrenTears