Sweetpea

Not my art, credit where credit is due. Italic words equal text or replies. Now, onto the story. 

"pway wit us, Y/n!"

"Yeah, come pway wit us!" Chanted the twins, their little faces lighting up the second Y/n walked through the door. Their favorite person in the whole world came over to see them, how could they not be happy? Fun times were to be had, what a merry day.

You were smiling as your legs were attacked by the adorable crotch goblins of your oldest sister. "Alright, alright, we can play." The twins cheered as much as their little lungs would allow. After hours of playing games, horsey, finger painting, and snacks. They tired themselves out, along with you.

"Thanks for coming over, Y/n, you were a big help."

"It's no problem, I did miss them."

"Don't let them hear you say that, you'll never be able to leave again." You two shared a laugh while peeking in on the sleeping toddlers.

Kissing each baby, you smiled, then went to check on your very tired sibling. She too had passed out. Raindrops and pitter-patter, soft breathing, none of those things woke you, no, they helped lul you to sleep.

A hand pushed open the door, and as quiet as a thief in the night they moved. Going from room to room until they stopped at the twins.

Waking up from a deep sleep, you yawned while grabbing the metal water bottle, going for a drink, before walking toward the bathroom. Rubbing your eye as you closed the top your steps halted. Turning to look at the door on your left, it was the kid's bedroom, your sister's room was on the right. That door was closed, meaning she was in there asleep, so, how did the kid's door open up?

Maybe their father came over? That would be a shocker... Rolling your eyes, you turned away from the open door and started toward the bathroom once again but something stopped you. Your instincts screamed at you to go check on them, unable to shake the feeling you did just that.

Pushing the door open more, a scene unfolded in front of you. A man stood over them, he looked down, as you were about to call out, you stopped. Your grip on that bottle tightened. Quietly walking up behind him you didn't think twice before swinging.

A sickening crack was heard, the force of your swing was enough to put a dent into the bottle and the person's skull. The man fell, face first. Not waiting around to see who it was, you picked up the twins and rushed to your sister's room, locking the door behind you and waking her up in the process.

"What's going on?" She says with a start, jumping out the bed as you picked up the phone to dial for help. "Great, the damn signal picks right now to go out," you said. "Y/n, what the fu-" a loud thud against the door caused your elder sibling to shut up quickly. Taking up her cellphone, she calls for help but there is no answer.

"I hit him too hard to be getting up already, if at all. There was a dent..." You showed her your bottle, her eyes bulged. "We have to get out of here." Looking around, you opened the window, thankful that the window was big enough. Right as you were about to help her out with one of the twins, a scream was heard, followed by many more.

Your sibling lived out in the Bayou, neighbors weren't really a thing, so where were those screams coming from? The screams kept getting louder and louder, closer and closer.

You helped her out of the window and then handed over the other twin before trying to get out yourself, only for her to scream and run. A hand gripped onto your shirt yanking you backward.

Drip...drip....drip... Something landed on your face, something warm and wet. "Hey, little listener! Wake up, come on, wake up." E/c orbs opened, your sight was blurry at first but cleared up after a few blinks. "Mr. Yamada?" You were in your current home, a standard four-bedroom house, barricaded, and all most fully stocked with everything you two needed to survive.