1. Transmigrated

The sun is shining brightly. Birds are chirping happily on tree branches. No cloud at all.

A beautiful morning in early spring.

A patient is lying in his dead bed. He could only stare the sceneries from his window.

It's a beautiful day to die.

That's the last thing crossed his mind before he closes his eyes for the last time. Won't be able to wake up anymore.

Jeff Lin is a bachelor. He is 27 years old when he got diagnosed with bone Cancer.

He went through chemo. His hairs are falling off, resulting an alien looking person. He died in the end after months of tortures in hospital.

It's supposed to be ordinary annual health report. It's a habitual habit after his uncle died from a heart attack few years back.

Back then he has been feeling extreme fatigue and suffered insomnia.

He inherited the company because his uncle never married in his life. In short, the company is his uncle's wife and life.

In total darkness...

Binding completed. Welcome, host.

Jeff opens his eyes. The round light bulb is the only thing shiny here.

"Meet me. System # 555."

Jeff asks, "Crying?"

555 is an chinese internet slang for crying.

"Stop mocking me, Host. You have been selected to live another life in a book world."

"Why me?"

"If you passed all the checkpoints, you could go back to your world as a healthy man."

Jeff Lin is silent.

System asks, "Host, you agreed?"

"Yes."

"Good. Transmigrated now."

"One...Two...Three..."

Jeff rubs his face with a hand. His hands are small and very dirty. His belly is rumbling, complaining for the emptiness. He has never starved like this in his last life.

His clothes are in rags.

Jeff has been reborn as a little beggar in ancient chinese city.

An adult man is smiling to him.

He asks, "Do you want to eat? Uncle will give you delicious snacks."

Jeff stares him with his big teary eyes.

I know it's stupid to follow a stranger. But... I'm so hungry. I could pass out anytime.

"Don't worry. Uncle is one of good guys."

Jeff finally holds his hand and follows him. He is lost in ancient world. He has no money. He would starve to death if he stayed in the streets as a lousy unknown beggar.

Other transmigrators started their new life as rich noblemen. A King or Queen.

He started as a lowly little beggar. Six years old. He doesn't even have a name. His last memories were running from savage barbarians. Mom didn't make it back then.

How old when the original started to live on his own? Five. It's amazing he could live until now.

Jeff glances at the uncle.