8. System Is Gone

Jun calls the system, "Can you check what Bai Yang is doing?"

"Wait a moment..."

Five minutes passed in total silence. His cell mate is sleeping. He looks drunk. Heard the drunkard hit someone.

"Host, he is still crying. His eyes look pretty swollen. You better give him ice packs to compress them later."

Jun sighs. He owed an apology to him. He was drugged and raped the poor boy.

He thinks about confessing to the police again. Finally he shakes his head. Call him a coward. He doesn't want to spend his life in jail.

I will cherish him for life. Never hurt him again.

"Host... Error... Error...losing energy..."

"System?"

A ball of light emerges out from him and flies out through cell door. Jun tries to follow it. The iron bars blocked his path.

Jun spent the rest of the day calling system in his mind.

No response.

He got a good hunch that light ball is his system.

It's gone.

He closes his eyes.

He's supposed to be dead. The system expanded his life. That should be enough for him. He will cherish his life. He will cherish his loved ones.

Pop and Bai Yang.

*****

Aamon yawns in his hospital bed. He uses his phone to play online game. His game character is slashing his enemies.

"Young one, are you having fun?" mocks Aamon in Mobile Legends.

He chuckles and hisses because of his bruised cheek.

His game character has the same name. Aamon, an assassin which could vanish and strike his enemies with glass shards.

He yawns again. He uses his crutch and walks out of his VIP ward. It takes few minutes for the elevator to arrive.

He visits the ICU again.

Aamon only stares through a glass window.

A pale looking young man is in coma. His baby face makes him looks younger than his real age.

Aamon frowns and leaves. He is still unused to this crutch.

He is lying down in bed again.

Suddenly a ball of light flows to him. He tries to evade it and ends up falling down from bed. The light ball disappears into his chest.

Aamon rubs his chest but feels nothing odd. His butt hurts because he fell down.

Ding!

"One, two, three..."

Aamon could hear voices in his mind.

"Hello, Host. I'm system 555. Good to meet you."

"F*ck."

"No. It's 555."

"Get out of my mind."

"I'm afraid I can't do it. My energy is too low. I have to bind with a human host."

Aamon has read about systems in online novels. Usually they sound smart and OP.

This one sounds like an amateur. Like a beginner salesman. His words are clumsy. Awkward and dumb. Gullible.