9. A Handsome New Actor

"People said a human can't live without love. Bullsh*t! We only need oxygen. What is love? Can it be eaten?"

Jeff smirks like a true villain. He is bullying Bai Yang as usual in the school drama. The teary eyed cute actor looks pathetic.

Bai Yang is standing in front of the heroine. Trying to protect her from Jeff, the delinquent.

"Don't you dare to touch her!" yells him.

He looks like a terrified lamb trying to fight against a big bad wolf.

Jeff laughs in villain style. Not bad. Because he had been training hard to laugh like one.

He mocks, "Only you? Think you could win against me?"

The villain pushes Bai Yang aside. The heroine glares at Jeff. She has to look upward because he is a head taller than her.

"Listen you, pr*ck! Don't you dare bullying him! I have crushed more weeds than you in the orphanage!"

She is an orphan, a poor student who got into this school using a scholarship.

How could she deal with a second rich generation like him? His parents practically funded and owned this school.

Jeff chuckles. His body gestures. His mocking smile. His laughter. He looks like a perfect delinquent.

Of course he spent days in a coffee shop. Watching how real life delinquents skipped school and interacted with others.

Jeff pushes the heroine and she falls down. Bai Yang catches her in time before she crashes to the floor.

"It's between him and me. No girl allowed to interfere."

"Cut!" yells the director.

Jeff's face expression changes into a neutral one.

He apologizes, "Sorry. Did I push you too hard?"

"It's okay. I'm fine."

"Thank goodness."

Bai Yang returns to his manager side.

Mary Sue sighs and stares him. Her actor is a good seedling. Unfortunately the company has transferred him to another one.

She apologizes, "Bai Yang, sorry. Guess I can't watch you grow into a traffic star."

"Thank you for the cooperation, big sis."

Mary Sue accompanied him to Xing Hai company. It's a rundown entertainment company.

She glares at Jerome. This agent is too good looking. He should have debuted into a star.

She grits her teeth and asks, "Could you please take care of Bai Yang? He is a good kid."

"Of course. Boss really likes him. That's why we got him transferred here."

Bai Yang will be another actor in his care.

A chubby female secretary offers Bai Yang a contract.

Mary Sue warns, "Take the contract to me. Let me see."

She uses a magnifying glass to read finely printed contract. No weird clauses.

She says, "It's fine. You could sign this."

"Thank you, Big Sis."

She is leaving when Jerome asks, "Our company could use a good agent like you. Would you like to transfer too?"

"No, thank you."

"Don't change your mind."

Mary Sue doesn't know her company will transfer her too three weeks later. And Jerome will be the Vice CEO. The second one in command.