17. I Must Be Crazy

Warning: NSFW

"A younger gong. I must be crazy..." mumbles Aaron.

He is lying weakly in a comfy bed. His back hurts. He can't walk properly. Too much pain. He's just too old for this.

His mind goes back to two hours before.

It started like any ordinary day. He's having lunch in a Cafe near his office.

A man walked in and sits at a table behind him. A young man has been sitting alone before. They must have arranged a date here.

That man asks, "What do you want to eat? My treat."

Aaron stops munching. His voice.

Lin Feng.

Aaron doesn't dare to look back. Hopefully Lin Feng hasn't spotted him.

The young man suggests, "They got excellent French toast here."

"Okay."

They don't talk much during meal. Afterwards, they begin to introduce themselves. It's a blind date like Jeff had said.

The shou asks many questions. He seems to be interested in Lin Feng. The latter replies politely.

Several minutes passed like that.

Aaron decides to finish his meal and leaves. He just hopes Lin Feng won't notice him.

Lin Feng suddenly says, "I'm sorry. Don't think things will work out between us."

"Why? We haven't started yet. I kinda like you."

"I, I have secretly loved someone for many years. Don't think I could forget him easily. Not in this life."

"Does he love you? Is he worthy?"

"He is the best person I ever known. Handsome, kind, and smart."

Aaron is frozen on his seat. His ears got reddened. Hearing someone praising him like this. In front of his blind date.

The shou chuckles.

He mocks, "You are here. It means he doesn't want you. Well, I still get a chance. Let him cry over a spilled milk. I want you."

Indecisive.

That's what Jeff's father used to mock about him. Aaron spent too much times thinking about possibilities. Ended up losing it.

Aaron tightens his fists. The shou is going to kiss Lin Feng. The young Vixen is a bold one. Acting like that in first meeting.

He rises from his seat and approaches their table.

He says, "Lin Feng, we need to talk."

The shou puts his arm around Lin Feng's shoulder.

He mocks, "Who are you?"

Lin Feng only smirks like a dork. People always said a man in love looked like a fool. He's the living example.

Aaron grabs his hand and drags Lin Feng out of there.

After they leave, the shou remains calm. He smiles widely.

He asks, "How's my acting?"

Director Jeff walks out from another table in a corner of the Cafe. He rented this place for two hours. Just to set up this fake blind date. All the other guests are extras, hired to fill in.

He praises, "Good acting. Go back to office. You will participate in the next variety show."

"Great! Thank you!"