27. Second Chance

Jeff is eyeing Victor again. His boyfriend is sleeping soundlessly in his seat. They are in a movie theater right now.

An action movie was chosen because they're both men. No need for romantic drama. His boyfriend still manages to fall asleep in the middle of the film.

Jeff watches the movie again. He doesn't enjoy it. He has been hoping a lot from this second date.

Their first date felt a bit awkward. Maybe because they barely just know each others.

Jeff sighs.

Does he really like me? Or he only want to date someone? Maybe it's hopeless. I was single in my last life. Maybe I was destined to be alone...

Jeff glances at Victor again. The movie is about to end. He leaves the theater alone.

Victor got awakened when his phone vibrates few times. He has silenced it when he first walked into the theater.

He looks around. No sign of Jeff. The movie is over. People have begun to leave.

He checks the incoming message.

"Sorry. I don't think we are a good match. You better find someone more suitable to you. Thank you for your time."

Victor scratches his head. He couldn't understand what went wrong. They watched this movie because Jeff likes Marvel heroes. Frankly Victor thinks it's a bit childish one.

He reforwards the message to his brother, Ray.

He asks, "What does he want?"

Ray is busy checking for bugs in his newest online game. He reads the text and curses a lot.

His brother only dated Jeff for two weeks. Now it's over.

He calls Victor, "You got dumped! Okay, what did you do this time?"

"Nothing."

Ray inhales a deep breath. A genius in computer programming. A fool in human relationships.

He asks, "You are going out with him right? What did you do? Do you go out for a meal?"

"No. We watched the newest Spider-Man movie."

"What did you say to him?"

"Nothing. I just bought two Colas and popcorns. Like you ordered."

Ray asks, "And then?"

"Nothing... I fell asleep...."

"It's an important date! And you're sleeping?"

"Can't help it. I didn't sleep well last night..."

Ray sighs.

His Gege might not be able to find his other half if he won't change his bad habit. He lacks of care for others. It isn't good trait for building a love relationship.

"Gege, you better find another person."

"NO! I want Jeff."

"Then you better work hard to keep him. He's popular, you know. Many gongs like him."

Victor endured half an hour lectures before Ray promises to talk to Jeff. To butter him up to forgive Victor.

Meanwhile Jeff is heading home. He just got out of a cab. He is walking toward his apartment building when a man calls him.

"Jeff, I'm your fan. Could I get a signature?"

"Sure. I'm surprised you know it's me."

"I could recognize you anytime."