31. Poisoned?

Jeff is nervous when he arrives at Aaron's home. His uncle called him to celebrate his birthday tonight. Maybe it's a sign for him to make a truce.

Victor wanna come with me. I said no. It's better to make uncle accepts him first.

Aaron looks gloomy. He hasn't feeling well lately. He went to hospital yesterday. The test results came out this morning.

There are large flecks in his lungs. The doctor warned him they could be mutated into cancer. He has to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

The three of them eat in silence. Lin Feng did all the cookings. The taste is still edible although a bit weird.

Jeff looks nervous as if he's sitting on a pile of needles. Lin Feng is the only one who looks calm and cheerful.

After dinner, Lin Feng carries the dirty dishes to the kitchen. He shoves them into a washing machine. He sighs.

Aaron won't give up in breaking Jeff's love relationship. He kept worrying the boy would get hurt.

Lin Feng decides to stay out of their personal business. He doesn't want to get trapped in the middle. One side is his nephew. The other side is his sweet lover. Tough choice to make.

Jeff glances at his uncle. His cup is empty. No more water in it. Jeff tears a package of herbal tea and pours it's content into the cup.

He glances at Aaron before adding a small capsule in it.

He adds hot water and stirs it well. The capsule has disolved quickly. No trace left. He offers the tea to his uncle.

Aaron looks surprised.

Jeff comments, "Chrysanthemum tea. Good for cleasing body heat."

Aaron feels touched. He stirs the tea with a spoon. He drinks it to the last drop.

Jeff smiles widely. His uncle will be fine.

Aaron taps a finger to dining table.

He scolds, "Don't think you could escape this conversation. I don't want you to date Victor Qin."

"Why? We love each others."

"He is a heartless person. Don't be fooled. Don't want you to get hurt."

"Uncle, I'm almost nineteen years old. Capable enough to find someone I love."

"He isn't worthy."

They kept arguing for almost an hour.

Aaron feels his heart is on fire after the endless quarrels. Suddenly he begins to cough continously. He stands up and runs toward the bathroom.

Jeff looks worried.

He asks the system, "He is going to be okay, right?"

"Once the impurities left his body, he will be super healthy. Not easy process."

Jeff is silent. The capsule is a cleansing pill from an immortal Taoist monk.

There is only one in this world. The system said he had to attain it with super expensive price. It was bought from a cultivation world system. Jeff's points have been reduced to zero.

Aaron kept on coughing and vomits into toilet bowl. Dark and disgusting smelly liquid flows out from his throat. His stomach feels churned.

He is convinced he got poisoned.

Jeff walks into the bathroom. He gasps and calls for an ambulance.

Aaron has fainted before Jeff finishes his calling.

Fortunately the ambulance arrives ten minutes later.

Jeff is walking in a big circle in front of the ward.

Lin Feng looks heart broken in his seat. It's his first time cooking something for his lover and nephew.

Aaron got hospitalized thanks to his craft. He swears will never step into the kitchen again.

Jeff asks the doctor when he checks up on Aaron.

"How is he?"

The doctor shakes his head. There is no sign of food poisoning. No sign of chemical drug. Only herbal tea residue in his stomach.

He asks, "Did he eat or drink expired goods?"

Jeff comments, "No. There is two years left for the Chrysanthemum tea."

He mentions a brand name.

The doctor nods his head. The brand is a good one. He often brews a cup for himself.

Lin Feng confesses, "It's my fault! I harmed Ranran..."

Jeff pities him. He carried the pot on his own. Self blaming for his craft.

He says, "It's probably something else. You and I ate the same dish. Maybe Uncle got a gastric ulcer or something..."

He asks, "How is he, Doc? My uncle's lungs... He used to be a heavy smoker."

"Mr. Yin has a healthy body for 42 years old man. His lungs are clean. No high blood pressure. Frankly, I never see a healthy body like him. Is he a vegetarian?"

Jeff smiles brightly. All his hard efforts have been paid off. Aaron is healthy right now. No sign of cancer.

They thank the doctor when he's leaving to check other patients.

Aaron could leave tomorrow morning.

Jeff is very relieved. His greater fear is going bankrupt. And his uncle will die. Now he has less worry although he is born with excessive bad luck.

Aaron looks a bit pale when he's sleeping in bed.

Jeff lowers his head and kisses his forehead.

He whispers, "Uncle, you will live a happy long life. Lin Feng will protect and love you. All you need is to live a carefree life. Love you."

Jeff leaves the ward. Lin Feng will stay in the hospital. He meets uncle Lin outside the ward.

"Tomorrow I have to join crews for a variety show. Please look after uncle Yin."

"Of course. I just regretted cooking for him. I swear I will never step into the kitchen again."

Jeff sighs. It seems it's useless to convince Lin Feng. He kept believing it's his foods that poisoned Aaron.

Well, I will treat them a good meal after I come back. As a sign of apology.

Jeff leaves the hospital by using a cab.

Aaron opens his eyes. He has heard everything that Jeff said. He inhales a deep breath.

He feels totally refreshed. Maybe it's just his mind playing tricks on him. His chest doesn't feel heavy anymore.

Jeff has grown up. He fell in love with Victor Qin. He won't break up with him.

Aaron chuckles. Stubborn just like his late father.

He whispers, "Can't do anything about him. I'll just hug him and comfort him after he got heart broken. Make sure he has a happy home waiting for him whenever he got tired."

After making the resolution, he feels at peace. And he sleeps until daybreak.

Lin Feng sleeps on a couch. He feels bad for getting his boyfriend hospitalized. He vows to cherish him for life.

------------------------------
Please vote and comments.

Poor Lin Feng. He blamed himself for the poisoning case.