32. A Farming Village

The van is heading to North. Remi, Ryan and Jeff are sitting in it.

Jeff looks around. No sign of the crews.

He asks, "Where are the others?"

Remi explains, "They already departed yesterday. We will meet the crews and an actress in the village."

"An actress? Do I know her?"

Ryan adds, "I doubt it. She's just a small timer in the drama club. She doesn't have any debut yet."

"Hmm..."

Ryan is busy writing in his notebook. Remi has a headphone on. Listening to music. It's clear they don't want to talk right now.

Jeff closes his eyes and takes a nap.

Just one day and I missed him already. My heart be calm.

Jeff smirks like an idiot with eyes closed. The continuous car movement drifts him to sleep.

Ryan whispers, "Do you think he could pull it off? He only acts in few small movies."

"A beggar can't choose a gourmet dish. We are running out of time. All the actors we know are engaged in shooting."

"Maybe if you cooperate with a producer, you could have attained more investment fund," complaints Ryan.

Remi scolds, "No. I want total freedom in directing my movie. Even if it's just a small show. Hate it when a producer kept shoving useless people into the crews."

Ryan sighs.

Remi is as stubborn as a mule. It will be hard to find a rich producer with such criterias. Almost all of them have young pets. Shoving untalented actors and actresses into the crews are normal procedure.

The director needs funds. The producer wants their pets to be famous. It's a win and win game.

Unfortunately Remi is old school. He isn't willing to take a short cut. That's why he isn't very popular among investors.

Five hours later, they arrive in a small rural farming village. The nearest city is five miles away.

Jeff stares around.

An elderly man has been waiting for them. A chubby middle aged man is standing behind him.

He introduces, "I'm Yang Gai, the village chief. This is my son, a doctor."

The doctor greets, "Hello. I'm Yang Xiu. Nice to meet you. Please follow me for a free health check up."

Jeff and the others look at each others.

The village chief explains, "This place is simply too far from the city. My son often gives regular check ups to prevent people collapsed from unknown illness."

Remi says, "We are still young and healthy. No need for that."

The doctor asks anxiously, "Anyone with heart disease? Kidney failure? High blood pressure? Diabetic?"

Ryan shakes his head.

Jeff tilts his head.

Dunno why. This doctor gives me the creeps. His gaze. It felt like he's going to devour me.

Jeff shakes his head. Probably just psychological problem. He got a little fright whenever he faced a chubby fellow. Blamed it on his crazy sasaeng fan.

The village chief says, "Your lodging is ready. Please follow me."

They are going to stay in his house. Because there is no Inn in this rural village.