Chapter 26 B&C 💜💛

Shawn's P.O.V.

I was currently at a dinner at my home with Bella, Solange, and Kelly in which I hosted because I wanted to ask them an important question. I have already had a personal conversation with Beyoncé's mom before she left with her to the UK, so this was the perfect opportunity to get the rest of her family together while she was out of town.

"I brought you all here today because I have something important to discuss" I stated getting their attention.

"Okay, and what may that be?" Bella asked, watching me closely as she sips on her drink.

"Well..." I took a deep breath to calm my rising heart. "I want to purpose to Beyoncé" the whole room went silent as they all just stared at me in awe.

"Hold on....hold on!" Solange spoke, smiling. "You want to marry my sister!"

"Yes," I nodded, and I want to ask you all for your approver" I explained, my heart still rising in my chest as I glanced around the room at their faces.

"Shit, you got mines," Solange said, followed by Kelly's words of approver.

"Hell yeah, I approve. There's no question about it;" Kelly said "y'all belong together." I turned towards Bella, who just sat there quietly picking at her food.

"Bella?" I called quietly getting her attention her eyes meet mines before she quickly looked away

"Sweetie, you okay?" Solange asked, rubbing her arm.

Bella shook her head and stood up. "Excuse me," she said and quickly left the room.

"She's definitely not okay...I will go talk to her" Solange tried to get up and follow Bella, but I stopped her.

"Let me do it. I have a feeling this has to do with me." I told her and followed after Bella. I found her sitting in the living room staring into space. I quietly sat down beside her.

"Hey..."

She glanced over at me, meeting my eyes "Hi..."

"You okay?"

"Yeah,"she said quietly

"Lies" I nudged her shoulder. We sat there for a minute no words were spoken as I waited her out.

"You probably thinking I don't want you to marry my mom, huh?" She spoke the words quietly, playing with her fingers.

"I mean, you didn't seem happy about it when I announced it in there."

"It's not that"

"What is it then? you can talk to me"

"It's just that-." she paused, taking a breath
"I don't know if my mom told you, but her last fiancé hurt her real bad she went through a lot with him. He made all these promises to her but ended up becoming a different person once they were engaged. I don't want to see her get hurt again, and your proposing is a big step, and I know it will make her happy because she loves you a lot."

"I completely understand your hesitation, but Bella, I am not him. I love your mother with everything in me. I promise I will never heart your mom, at least not intentionally. I give you my word." I assured her and She nodded at my words.

"I love Your mother a lot, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her if that's okay with you?"

"Just promise me you will never break her heart, or hurt her."

"I promise...I'm in it for the long run." I assured her hoping that was enough to put her at ease. It is extremely important to me that Bella was on board with me marrying her mother.