Chapter 35 B&C 💜💛

A few hours later

Liyah's P.O.V.

"Hi Liyah..." bio father walked into my room. I didn't say anything but kept my head down, not making eye contact.

"I brought you this" I glanced over at him and quickly looked away. He was carrying some get well soon balloons and a pink teddy bear that he sat on my bed while he put the balloons on the side.

"I know the last twenty four hours have been unpredictable and difficult," he continued as he walked towards me. "I just wanted to come to check on you and see how you're doing and to let you know that I am here for you whenever you're ready... I'm not going anywhere. I will be out there waiting whenever you're to talk, just say the word." I could hear the nervousness and anxiousness in his voice as he spoke.

All I could do was duck my head down and stare at my fingers not saying anything hoping that he will get the hint and leave me alone.

"Alright then" He made his way to the door.

"Is it true..everything they said is it true?" I called back before he could open the door. He stopped turning to face me and our eyes met for the first time and I felt nothing if anything I felt anger boil up inside me.

"It's true" he softly said as he shoved his hands into his pants pocket. I blinked trying to stop the tears I wasn't going to cry in front of him I refused.

"Wow..." I checked bitterly

"I can't even begin to imagine how you're feelin-."

"No," I cut him off "no...you don't you really don't because if you had a slight idea how...difficult this is for me you wouldn't have come looking you would have left me alone!"

"Liyah...."

"No, why couldn't you just go on with your perfect life with your fiancé and your soon-to-be stepdaughter and forget I ever existed...you kept looking and now my mom is gone and it's all your fault! You ruin my life!"

"That woman is not your mother and I'm your father, what did you expect me to do, sit around and do nothing when I found out you were alive? Do you know how painful this is for me to...I thought you were dead Liyah...I had gone the last three years blaming myself for your death wishing that I could get a second chance and I wasn't throwing that away."

I glared at him. "Why did you not try harder to find me what took you this long? Why didn't you try harder why didn't you?" I yelled

"I did everything I could Aliyah!" he said, taking a step forward as he tried to reason.

"My name is Liyah!" I yelled

He signed running his hand over his face before meeting my eyes "Liyah listen to me"

"No! You don't get to tell me to listen to you because until today you were a total stranger."

"I'm your father!"

"You're nothing but a stranger" I could see the hurt flash on his face but I didn't care.

"I did everything I could..everything...."

"I read the case you were the reason why I was taking and my biological mother was killed. It was all your fault! and now you want to show your face here claiming to be this perfect father who is here to save me from my crazy ass mom and I'm just supposed to accept that. where were you all these years ago!!"

"You want to blame me fine! I have been doing that for the last couple of years. I blame myself, I blame myself for what happened to you and what happened to your mother. So go ahead and blame me, make me your pouncing bag but you're my daughter and I'm not going anywhere. You can get angry and you can fight with me. You can do whatever you want to get through this but I'm your father, and I'm sticking beside you. So do whatever you need to get through this but I'm not going anywhere. Whether you like it or not, you need me. I'm the only person you have got."