Chapter 9 B&C💜💛

Bella's P.O.V.

I was currently at the most important photoshoot of my modeling career

I was currently at the most important photoshoot of my modeling career. I'm so freaking excited like y'all don't understand working with vfvanities has been my dream since I started modeling at ten, and now it's finally here.

"Alright, Done!" my makeup artist said after putting the last touches to my make.

"Ooh yes.. Thank you. I love it"

He smiled. "You're welcome, sweetie. Your skin is flawless by the way. What's your secret?"

I chuckled "African black soap, rose water, and drinking lots of water, of course."

"I drink a lot of water honey, but that doesn't work for me, but I will definitely be trying the black soap. hopefully it works for me as good as it works for you."

"Bella!" I heard my grandma voice echo through the room. I didn't know she was coming. I was expecting my mom.

"Excuse me" I told my makeup artist and walked over to her. We embraced into a brief hug.

"Hey nana, what are you doing here?" I asked, glancing around the room for my mom, But she was nowhere to be found.

She smiled. "I'm here to support my grandbaby, of course."

I frowned "Oh...mom is not showing up, is she?" I asked disappointed evidence in my voice, already knowing the answer.

My grandma pulled me into her side, "no, sweetie, she got stuck at work."

I pulled out of her hold, feeling annoyed that once again my mom didn't show up like she promised, "of course, she didn't show" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Don't be like that, Bella..."

"Don't be like what!"

"Sweetie, play with me if you want. I wouldn't recommend it." She said giving me a look.

I sighed "I'm just disappointed once again."

"Give her a break she really wanted to be here."

"Well, she's not here now is she once again her job comes before her own daughter." Since we moved to L.A. my mom has been extremely busy with her job that we barely spend time together and I miss how things were when we were in Atlanta.

"That's not true, and you know it!"

I blinked back the tears that I Could already feel coming. I'm hurt that my mom didn't show up like I really wanted her here. Do you know how it feels thinking that your mom is going to show up for one of the most important moments of your life, and you're looking forward to it just for her not to show up It hurts.

I just want one of my partners to actually put me first. I already have my dad, who doesn't show up for shit because he's always working, so he makes that up by buying me things and giving me money like it makes up for him not being in my life. The last thing I want is for my mom to start doing the same.