Chapter 31 B&C 💜💛

Beyoncé P.O.V.

A loud, sickening crack erupted through the room as the heavy wooden door came crashing open. Gunshots went out through the air while I felt frozen to the spot

"Police, put your gun down!" I heard Meeks voice snapping me out of my paralyzed state. Meek is leading the rest of the squad. I looked up just in time to see the lead robber eyes went wide with shock. He turned, raised his hand, and stepped towards the two intruders at the door.

"Stop!" Meek warned the robber, but he ignored his warning taking another step towards them with his gun still in hand.

"Put your gun down!" Meek yelled at the man, but he continued walking towards them as I stood in my spot watching the whole thing. horrified about what was going to happen next.

Without further uncertainty, Meek raised the gun and pointed it directly at the robber's heart, making him stop, and his mouth dropped, stunned. But he didn't back down. He quickly turned towards me with his gun pointed at me. I reacted fast, moving out of the way, and a second later, all I heard was the noise of the gunshots, and light smoke filled the room.

I looked up, and the robber dropped to the floor motionless as warm crimson slowly spread through his shirt. I stood rooted to my spot. I felt paralyzed; the only thing I could feel was my heart beating out of my chest. I could feel every muscle as it contracted.; I couldn't breathe, talk or say anything.

"Bey!" I heard my name snapping me out of my frozen state. I looked up, meeting Meek eyes as he quickly stepped over the body and gathered me in his arms.

"Are you okay?" he asked once we pulled apart

"I'm—fine....thanks for saving my life there...I really thought it was over."

"I'm just glad you're okay Bey."

I gave him a forced smile."Perfect timing,"

He returned my smile. "You're welcome boss"

"Bella?" I asked

"She's okay. She's with the medic. They're checking her out." Without another word I ran out the bank quickly making my way to Bella.

When I reached her in the ambulance, she threw her arms around my neck, and I held her tight, rocking back and forth, comforting her like when she was a baby as she sobbed, letting out all her fear, her chilling despair. And I felt the same but I knew I couldn't break down here right now; I needed to stay strong for her because what she had been through today was horrible and scary, and my fifteen-year-old was terrified. Hell, I am frightened too.

"It's alright, Bella...it's okay," I whispered in her ear as she kept sobbing, holding on to me tightly, almost like she was trying to crawl back into my stomach.

We stayed that way, oblivious to it all. I just held onto my daughter for dear life, the commotion, the questions, the detectives marking off the crime scene across from us reminding me that the nightmare was finally over.

After a few moments of me assuring her that she was safe, her sobbing had ceased, but she had yet to release the firm grip she had on my top, and she remained cuddled, her body shivering every once in a while, on my lap.

The medic motioned to me, signaling it was time for me to get checkout. "No, I'm fine. I didn't get touched. I'm more worried about my daughter. Did she get checked, and did your make sure she doesn't have a concussion? Because she got hit pretty bad in the head." I throw questions at her.

"Yes, we made sure, and she doesn't have a concussion. She did suffer some bruising on her forehead from the impact of getting hit by the gun. All she needed was some bandage for the cut. I gave her some pain killers for the headache as well because she explained that her head was pounding and here's the rest of it." She handed me the bag full of supplies and the pain pills.