Chapter 18(pt2) B&C💜💛

Two hours later
..................
Shawn's P.O.V.

This is worse than the worst case scenario.
It's not enough that the woman I love is standing on a pressure-sensitive bomb that could go off and kill her if she breathes wrong. No. The damn thing has to have a timer, too. What the fuck.

"Let me take her place." I said to agent Stagner.

"Detective Shawn, we can't do that" he replied.

"Why not!" I yelled furious with this whole situation.

"Because their no way we can switch you two out without triggering the bomb, it's very sensitive to any movements and I'm not going to risk your life or detective Beyoncé life."

"Damn it man she has a child! What I'm I supposed to tell Bella if her mom died there today."

"I'm sorry man I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now" Meek said

"This shit is fuck up seeing the woman you love standing on a bomb that could take her life in a blink of an eye. She has a child man she has something to live for!" I throw the walkie talker across the room In anger....frustration.

"I'm so sorry Detective I which there's more I can do, but I'm doing everything I can do right now to get her out of there."

I sat down in the nearest chair putting my head in my hand feeling so hopeless the tears welling up in my eyes. " I feel so fucking hopeless she's standing on that bomb and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it... nothing at all!" my voice broke "I can't lose her man I can't."

"It has to be something that we can do. It has to be, and we will found it. Stagner said trying to reassure me. "We are not giving up Shawn. My guys and I will keep working until the very last minute"

"Why if you're don't disarm the bomb in time, then what! We don't even have a plan B. And you said it yourself the guy is smart what if there's no way of stopping it then what."

"Detective Shawn I know in a time like this you want definite answer and solutions, but I can't give you that right now. We're hoping and praying for the best."

"I can't lose her man I just can't."

"You won't Shawn..we will do everything in our power to make sure that bomb doesn't go off" Meek said.

Shawn I heard Esposito call out, and I stood up facing him "Beyoncé's daughter is here, she's demanding to see her mom."

"Shit!" I quickly followed Esposito out of the room, heading outside to where I found Bella with the captain and Nicki, who seems to be trying to calm her down.

She ran up to me as soon as she spotted me "Shawn take me to my mom I have to see her."

"Bella take a breath" I told her leading her to the trailer that the bomb squad had set up, away from prying eyes.

"I saw the news Shawn about my mom standing on a bomb can I see her please?" She pleads her bottom lips trembling.

"Bella, I can't let you in there it's not safe" I said trying to calm her down, but it wasn't working.

"Please Shawn I have to see her", she cried.

"Bella it's not safe-."

"No...no, you have too," she said, trying to dash past me, but I grabbed her. She struggled, trying to twist out of my grasp.

"Bella, you can't" I placed my hand on her her arm to calm her down she shrugged me off.

"Shawn, that's my mom in there." She broke, bringing tears to my own eyes. "You -have-to -let me see-her" she started breathing heavily from experience I knew she was having a panic attack.