Chapter 2- Ryia

Happiness seemed to radiate through the castle for the last couple of weeks. The news of Alexandria's wedding to Aaron brought a smile to everyone's face. Not only that but Alexandria seemed so happy that I hardly ever saw her without a smile now adays. The only problem was Simon who, even though I haven't told anyone is still hauntiong my dreams threatening to tear apart all of our happiness.

My heart pounded at the thought and my breathe would quicken. I wasn't going to let Simon tear apart my family. Not now, not ever. Niamh had started to take a real liking towards Alexandria, she would follow her around sometimes and smiled whenever she saw her. I smiled, Niamh always warmed my heart even when I was in the most worrisome mood she was always able to take my doubt away.

Walking down the hallway torwards the kitchen in hope of sneaking out with a snack to ruin my appitite I bumped into Terrin. Even though we weren't at each other's throats all the time anymore it was still awkward between us. "Hey, how have you been?" Terrin asked rather stiffly. Looking down I scratched the back of my neck "fine, thanks, and you?". "I'm well. Where are you off to?" he asked as though feeling the need to assert some kind of conversation.

"Just off to the kitchens" I said. Wow, how did things get so weird between us that talking was an overly awkward activity. "Oh, well I'd better let you get to that" he said standing there not sure what to do. "Yeah" I said slowly. We then walked by eachother swiftly, gods that was unpleasant. I was able to sneak out of the kitchen with an apple and a turkey leg. I was shoving my face full of food when I bupped into Leo, who when he caught sight of me burst out laughing.

"Awe, your so cute with all that food shoved in your face!" he exclaimed ruffling my hair playfully. I huffed. "Don't touch my hair jerk!" I exclaimed trying to maintain an irrtated look on my face. I failed. "Here let me help you with that" he said snatching the turkey leg from me. "Hey, that's mine" I laughed while grabbing at it. "Not anymore" he said joyously running through the corridor.

We were running for a while all through the castle until we ran into Terrin, literally. While standing up I realized I was blushing. "So, what's going on here?" he asked hesitantly. "Well you see I was eating this turkey leg not bothering anyone when all of the sudden this heithen came up and tried to steal my food, so you see, I'll be off now" Leo laughed dashing down the halls.

"Liar!" I called out running after him. Soon I had caught him and wrestled the turkey leg from him. After that I was laughing so hard someone might've mistaken me as insane. I was smiling insanely as I collapsed into bed. Niamh climbed onto the bed next to mine. She was afraid of sleeping on her own ever since her town had been masacred. Snuggling up in the sheets she smiled at me. "Goodnight Ryia" Niamh said falling to sleep almost instantly. I looked up at the ceiling hoping sleep would never come.

But as always it did and Simon was there waiting ever so patiently for his chance to torture me.