Chapter Nine-Alexandria

The next day went by fast, since it was so busy. Aaron and I knew that the wedding would be outside in the courtyard, since it was our favorite place to go. So we had to give directions of where everything should go in it. Then, we decided that the wedding party was going to be in the ballroom. It was the biggest room in the castle, and the fanciest.

Terrin, Leo and Niamh helped a little as well. Niamh wanted to decide where to put the extra flower decorations, and Terrin and Leo put their opinion into it as well I'm was glad that they were here to help, but I was still upset that Ryia wasn't. I was so worried for her. I didn't want her to get hurt.

I had no idea what the assassins underworld was like. I had asked Terrin before, and he described it as best as it could be. But I still couldn't imagine an almost underground city for a bunch of killers. I sighed and tried not to think about it too much. Ryia would be ok. She could take care of herself, and she could make her own decisions.

I couldn't wait for the wedding! Their was still so many things to do, and no time to waste. For the entire day, we were decorating and planning where things were going to go. All of the invitations were sent out, but we didn't know who was coming and who wasn't. Unfortunately, Laithen and the King and Queen of Doriella were invited, due to respect, but I doubt that they would come.

They were pretty angry about the whole situation, Laithen especially. But I didn't care, and nether did my parents. My parents wanted me to be with who I loved. I didn't question their sudden change of heart. I was happy about it. I was more than happy that they had cancelled the wedding with Laithen.

For one long year, I thought that I wouldn't have enough of time with Aaron. I thought that when I got married to Laithen, we couldn't see each other anymore. But now, we had all the time in our lives together, and I couldn't be more happy about it.

Later that day, I was walking with Aaron, when Simon appeared in front of us. Aaron unsheathed his sword and stood protectively in front of me. He pointed his sword towards Simons neck. Simon laughed and said, "that puny little thing won't effect me". Aaron kept the sword up. "Well, I have come to see you on this lovely day to say that I have a.....complaint" Simon said.

I groaned. Simon laughed. "I wanted to ask....why didn't I get a wedding invitation?" Simon asked. "Oh, I don't know. Probably because you declared war, kidnapped me, and on top of all that, your harassing my sister!" I said in anger. Simon laughed. "Well that's no excuse!" He said. Aaron lifted his sword and said, "you can go now, Simon." Simon laughed.

"Before I go....I have a quick question" Simon said. He looked at me and asked, "where is that darling sister of yours?" "I haven't seen her in months, so I wouldn't know" I said, trying my best not to sound like I was lying. Simon laughed. "Alright then, I'll find her on my own, since you won't cooperate with me" he said. He warped away. I sighed and sat down on a bench.

Aaron slowly walked over and sat next to me. He wrapped his arms around me, and I did the same to him. He kissed my forehead and said, "he'll never find Ryia." I nodded. I rested my head against his chest. I prayed that Ryia was safe.