Chapter 26- Ryia

That was it, the last straw I couldn't handle anymore of Simon's hissy fits I was done being a damsel in distress. Most of all I was done watching the people I love get hurt because of me. I wake up before dawn the next morning and scribled down a note saying that I needed some time to fume and saying that I was goiong on a solo hunting trip and would be back in a day or two.

With a small packed bag thrown over my shoulder and jumped out the window. Running towards the stable I took out my young black mare Astria. "Come on girl let's go" I whisper coaxing her to come out and run. I rode on the dirt path that headed towards Simon's kingdom. I only stopped once for lunch around mid-day to let my horse rest and grab some food.

The sun had just set when I arrived at Simon's palace. I rode up not even bothering to sneak up. I got off my mare and knocked at the door. To my slight releif it was a maid that answered the door. "I'm here for buisness with king Simon" I said trying to desguise my fatigue. "Of course" she said politely smiling.

She then turned into the castle and called out to another maid to take my horse while she escorts me to the sitting room and went to tell king Simon that I was here. When I entered the room that the sitting room was the same room from my dream. I was observing the room so diligently that I didn't notic when Simon came in the room.

"My, my, look who showed up. You just couldn't wait to see me could you?" he said teasingly. He tilted his slightly making his raven hair fall in a wave right above his brow. "Far from it, I came here to warn you that if you lay a finger on Leo or Alexandria I swear I will cut you down faster than those soldiers you sent my way last year" I growled viciously.

"It's that spunk that makes you all the more fun to play with Ryia" Simon said twisting a strand of my hair around his finger. Stepping back I slapped his hand away. "Don't touch my hair and would you for once take me seriously, this isn't a game" I said hiding my jellousy in the fact that he can stay so calm and care free in seemingly any envirorment.

"Taking things seriously is such a bore it's so much more fun when it's a game, don't you think?" Simon said taking two steps towards me. "I think your mad" I said glarring at him and taking two steps back. "I think you like this game as much as I do or you wouldn't be dragging it out and toeing the line" Simon said taking another two steps forward.

I take another two steps back, my heart thundering. Was he right? Did I secretly enjoy our constant game of cat and mouse? Maybe that was why I couldn't kill him because maybe deep down I craved it as much as he did. In my silence Simon had taken another two steps closer as I took another two steps backwards.

"I think you really enjoy this game of cat and mouse because you could have come here to kill me but instead your just here to warn me" his breathe was hot against my ear. I took another two steps back when my back hit the wall. My breathing became incredbly uneven as Simon, in turn, took another two steps forward.

"This one time I'm going to let you go, I want to see what my mouse does" Simon whispered. He then leaned down placing a kiss right on my lips as he murmured "just remember that you are my mouse".