Chapter 16- Ryia

When we got back everyone was there waiting to see us. I felt stinging in the back of my eyes and ran toward the balcony and jumped. Running into the woods I let my tears start to fall. Falling to my knees in a small spot of grass I let out an unearthly cry. It shook the very earth beneath my feet and I could see the trees that surrounded me shudder as though horrified. I didn't care I just let the cry rip through my chest as tears streamed down.
Worthless, hopeless, all that I was came about by a mistake. One mistake that cost two men their lives. I poured all my emotions into that one cry so that I could find some way to release them. Pain ripped through my chest but I didn't care. The person who raised me, the one person who I told everything to hated me and regretted ever knowing me. I felt useless and worthless.
All happiness I had ever felt was overpowered by this vicious pain. I wished I could disappear ad be swallowed by the earth. To be left as nothing but a pointless memory. I started to collapse in on myself pulling my knees to my chest and sobbed into my knees. Being betrayed was something I could handle especially because it was to his own son, but being used and hung out to dry being called worthless by the own who taught me everything.
It felt almost fatal! I felt as though a knife had wormed its way into my rib cage and now was twisting itself slowly savoring my and sick feelings as I hear the knife scrape away at my ribs. The world was suffocating me and I didn't know what to do. Scarred alone and in pain I could almost hear my confidence shatter away. There was no point in anything I did.
It was all a charade. I should've expected it, seen it coming some how. He us the king if assassin's after all, lying was a large part of his trade. How stupid I was to be so easily deceived. So swiftly disarmed by loving words. I must have been so desperate for a loving parent that I was blinded. Looking back now I wasn't even able to pick out the slightest lie from anyone when I first met him.
How easy it must've been to fool a two year old girl who knew nothing but pain and abuse. A few nice words, a warm place to sleep, good food to eat and I was more happy than I ever could've been. Tear were streaming down my cheeks like endless rivers. The material in the knees of my suit was now soaked in my own pitiful tears. My eyes were puffy and my throat was dry and sire as I fell on my side.
I fell asleep there blinded with tears and deaf from my own screams. Good night I thought bitterly.