Chapter Seventeen-Alexandria

We found Ryia laying in the middle of the woods. Her face was wet from tears, and she was asleep. Leo picked her up and carried her to the castle. Terrin looked depressed. After I told him what had happened, he stayed silent and sulked around. I couldn't blame him. Allerin, his own father, had betrayed him.

We got back to the castle and tucked Ryia in her sheets. Then,me let her rest. "Is Ryia going to be ok?" Asked Niamh. I smiled and said, "she'll be alright. Go to sleep now." Niamh nodded and fell asleep in her bed. Then, I walked into my room and on my balcony. I broke down and cried. Why was this happening to Ryia? I felt her pain. And I couldn't believe what Allerin had told me.

I was supposed to be abducted. I was supposed to be sold on the black market and raised at the assassins underworld. It was supposed to be me, and just because I wield shadow. But no. They made a mistake, and Ryia had to pay for it. I wish it was me. I wish every day that they would have taken me instead of Ryia.

"Alex" said a voice. Terrin stood at my doorway. I wiped my eyes and said, "yes?" Terrin walked over and stood next to me. "I....I just can't believe my own father would betray me" he said. We stood in silence. "I'm going to kill them" I said. Terrin looked at me. "What?" He asked. "Allerin and Simon. Their life will end with my hands" I said. I took a step forward.

"I'll destroy them for breaking my family. I'll destroy them for ruining my sisters life. I'll destroy them for betraying us. I'll destroy them...both of them" I said. I faced Terrin. "You'll see. They'll tremble in feat and beg for mercy. But I refuse to be merciful!" I yelled. Terrin lightly gasped.

Shadows radiated around me. "I'll destroy them!" I said. Suddenly, Terrin ran away. He ran out of my room. A minute later, he appeared with Aaron. "Alexandria!" Aaron said. He ran over and put his hand on my cheek. The shadows around me disappeared. "I'm sorry Alex....you were just getting out of control again" said Terrin. I nodded, showing my thanks.

Terrin nodded back and left. "Are you alright?" Aaron asked. I nodded. I rested my head against his chest. "Terrin said you were saying things....things that you didn't mean to say" Aaron said. I nodded. But deep inside, I knew what I was saying. Everything that I had said to Terrin was true.

I was going to destroy them. "Alexandria, are you sure your alright?" Aaron asked. I nodded. He lightly kissed my forehead. Then, I told Aaron, "I'm scared." "Why?" He asked, looking down at me. I looked up at him and said, "I'm scared of them. But I'll make sure they don't come near us, I can promise you that." "Who?" Aaron asked. "Simon, and Allerin" I said.

It was the truth. I was scared. No matter how much I wanted to defeat them, I was still afraid of them. Aaron kissed my forehead again and said, "it'll be ok." I hugged him tightly. "Aaron?" I said. "Yea?" He responded. I sighed. "I'm...scared to be alone. Can you stay with me?" I asked. Aaron kissed me and said, "of course."

So that night, I fell asleep, warm in Aaron's arms. I had no nightmares, and for the first time in forever, I felt protected.