Chapter Twenty One-Alexandria

The wedding was two days away. Aaron and I were so excited we could barley breathe. I couldn't believe it was so close! We were busy all day with preparations for it. Ryia, Leo, and Terrin helped out with the preparations, and I was very thankful for that. We needed help. The wedding was so close, yet their was so much to do! Their was no sign of Allerin or Simon, so that was a relief.

Nobody spoke of what happened on the balcony with Simon. But deep inside, we all knew he was too scared to come again. He was afraid of me. Simon and Allerin were both scared of me, a princess. A young girl at the age of seventeen. They were truly pathetic.

I decided not to think of them, since I had better things to think about. Later that night, Leo, Terrin, Aaron, Ryia and I went for a walk. It was nice, since the five of us didn't get to spend a lot of time together anymore since we were so busy with the wedding. I barely even saw my parents, or my brother, Rowen. How was Rowen? I didn't even know.

"I can't believe the wedding is so close!" Said Ryia. "I know! It's so exciting!" Said Leo. Terrin nodded in agreement. "Well, Aaron and I certainly can't wait either" I said. Aaron smiled and kissed me on the cheek. "Ugh, you two are just too cute!" Ryia said. I laughed. We walked around the castle courtyard, just laughing and talking. For once, I felt like a normal girl, not a shadow wielder who had an evil shadow wielder trying to kill her.

"So....when your married, are you planning on having kids?" Terrin asked. "Uhh...." I said. I was getting uncomfortable with the conversation. "Well, hopefully someday we will" said Aaron. "Er....yeah!" I said. Everyone laughed. "Alexandria is uncomfortable around kids" said Ryia. Aaron's eyes widened. "I'm not uncomfortable around them, I just don't know how to act around them" I said.

"Well, your around Niamh a lot" said Aaron. "Yeah, but that's it. She's the youngest child I've ever spoken to" I said. "Really?" Said Leo. I nodded. "I never got to leave the castle, and I don't have any younger siblings" I said. Leo nodded. "Well, I know you'll learn someday" Aaron said. He put his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

I really didn't want to think of having kids at the moment. Truly, I was afraid to. What if the child fell and broke a bone? I would be responsible! I would be responsible for all the things it broke. For when it cried. For when it through tantrums. For when it got hurt.

I sighed and pushed the thought away. I wouldn't be a mother anytime soon.