Chapter 14- Ryia

Waking up I looked in front of me and saw Alexandria sitting on the corner of my bed. "That's it! I'm insane goodnight. wake me up when you've found a cure" I exclaimed falling back into my pillows. "Ryia you're not insane, I'm really here. It's me, truly" she said softly. I shot up. "What are you doing here?!" I asked. "Did he get you too?" I inquired desperately searching her for any wounds or signs of struggle.

"No I came here to find you!" she said. "Your my only brides maid and you just disappeared only a few days before the wedding. I can't have my wedding without any bride maids" she smiled. "That's what I said, I asked them if they could, you know, pick a different week, but no they had to kidnap me this week. I mean how inconsiderate" I said sarcastically. We both laughed at bit.

"Okay let's get out of here" she said grabbing my arms. Then I heard a door burst open when Caldar and Aiden burst in. Caldar took me by the waist and pulled me back from Alexandria as Aiden took Alexandria. "I don't think we're ready to give up our darling Ryia just yet" Caldar hissed rudely. "Awe Caldar I had no clue you felt that way about me" I said with mock sweetness drowning my voice.

Caldar leaned to my ear. "Hardly" he snarled. "Well, well, look who we have here" Simon said walking into the room. "Original much?" Alexandria hissed. "I never did like you" Simon remarked glaring at her. "Now I shall take much pleasure in killing you" he smirked inching toward her, knife in hand. No, I couldn't let him touch her. Biting Caldar's arm I ran toward Aiden tackling him, making him release Alexandria.

"I'll hold them off, go get some back up" I insisted pushing her out the door. Clawing and biting, holding off the three of them as long as I could I looked back to see she was gone. I sat down smiling as blood dripped from my hands and nails. "You must feel rather clever don't you Ryia?" Simon said wiping the blood off his wounds with a cloth. "No, but at least my sister is safe" I smiled.

"What about you? What if I decide to kill you for your rather childish act?" Simon asked curiosity thick in his voice. "Then I would do my best to fight my way out. I'm not done living yet" I said an impish grin still on my face. "Wish I could kill you at this point" Caldar growled. "I mean look at me, on second thought look at you. You have blood staining your freakishly sharp teeth. What kind of monster are you?".

Laughing I licked the blood off my finger. "That's disgusting" Caldar said shivering. "Well I would rather eat you live but I feel like that would freak you out even more" I said jokingly. "You seem to get over all that fighting rather fast. Just a moment ago I could've sworn you would kill me if you could" Aiden said. "A moment ago I would've. I would do anything to protect those I love".

Even if it means adding more blood to my name" I said quietly. "Well that's good information to know" Simon said smiling maliciously. "I will never give you the chance to use it" I growled. "It's rather late. Good night love" Simon called over his shoulder. After Simon, Caldar, and Aiden left I heard the door lock and I let myself fall into a deep sleep.