Chapter 20- Ryia

Walking out of Alexandria's room I fled back to my own. I fell back on to my bed. Did Terrin really like Alexandria? Why did the thought bother me so much I had already thought that he had liked her. Though when I heard that Alexandria was marrying Aaron I pushed the thought aside thinking it was just my imagination. Even if he did like her though it wouldn't matter, she obviously didn't feel the same way.

My mind swirled so full of thoughts. What if Simon was just trying to tear all of us apart again. Or maybe he was just trying to destroy his little brother's hope. Even though Terrin and I had been rather cold towards each other lately I wouldn't be able to stand it if he died. Terrin was the one to hold me while I cried after taking my first life. He was one to tell me that my blood stained hands didn't make me a monster.

No matter what Terrin felt it didn't matter I had faith that he would do the right thing. He was always able put on a smile when he needed to. Pushing all my thoughts aside I walked down to the kitchen my stomach not being able to stand the current lack of food. I spun down the stairs as I grabbed a small picnic basket deciding that I would have a picnic on the roof by myself, I needed to be alone.

Never could I understand how some people were able to so easily tell when they were in love with someone or even more impressively who other's liked. I was never able to understand love since my line of work revolved around hate and hurt. Love was a foreign concept to me, like hate was to others. My mind dug, wondered, and waded through these thoughts for quite some while.

Finally making it into the kitchen I ran into one of my favorite cooks, Layla. She was one of my favorites because she always let me snag food from here even if she constantly scolded me for ruining my appetite before every meal. Swiftly I snagged two turkey legs a couple of roles and some fresh grapes, probably picked fresh from the gardens. Quietly as I could I crept towards the doors.

"What do you think you are doing stealing all this food. I swear I don't even know why I make main dishes for you when you're just going to come in here and ruin your appetite with turkey legs and bread rolls!" Layla exclaimed motioning at my picnic basket with her spatula. "Don't forget I also took some grapes" said smiling sweetly. "What am I going to do with a heathen like you" she sighed as I left the kitchen.

I had made it up to the roof and was about to dig in when Terrin walked up. "Do you mind if I eat with you?" he asked quietly. Preparing a sarcastic and snide remark I looked up at his face and all thoughts vanished. Love may not be something I understood but pain and loneliness were feelings I knew all too well. "Have a seat" I said handing him my extra turkey leg and gave him a smile.

For a while we were silent but we started talking about training camp. We started talking about life before we found out I was a princess. Joking and laughing we sat up there for hours. I had almost forgotten how good it felt to laugh and talk with Terrin. My thoughts were gone and there was seemingly nothing left to trouble me.