Level 12- Try to understand!

Iwa's POV

Iwaizumi and y/n talked for awhile, saying anything that sprung to mind.

"When did you get this?" I pointed at the game I knew she had wanted for a while.

"My friend Kenma gave it to me after classes today." She smiled as she hugged the game.

"That's expensive. You guys must be really close."

"Yeah we are. He's so sweet."

"He?" he thought.

He didn't know that Kenma would be a boy. He didn't want to freak out about it too much because they were most likely only friends but he wished that he could make her happy.

"I actually bought animal crossing too. The next time you come round maybe we could play it together."

Y/n's eyes lit up.

"Of course. I could never say no to a request from you Iwa. I didn't know you were into those game to be honest."

To be honest he only bought the game because y/n wouldn't stop talking about it. That and he liked how cute the characters looked.

"Iwa-chan! y/n-chan! We should go play volleyball on the court." Oikawa showed the ball in his hand as he pointed to an old volleyball net.

"You seem suspiciously ready for this game. What are you planning trashykawa?"

He gave them his usual smile, "nothing."

"Let's bet on it though, to make it interesting." Yui grinned.

"Okay what were you thinking?" y/n asked, confused.

"If we win. You guys go on a date." Oikawa stared at their monotone faces.

It took them 3 seconds to process the information they were just given.

"A DATE?" They said in sync.

Iwaizumi didn't know what to say. He was in a state of shock.

He looked over to his left and saw how much y/n was panicking.

"I shouldn't have to put her through that."

He opened his mouth, about to tell Oikawa that it was a ridiculous thing to say, when y/n spoke first.

"Okay. But if we win you have to pay for the date."

Iwa's face went red. He could tell from y/n's expression she was also embarrassed.

"So either way, we are going on a date?" He questioned.

"That is unless you don't want to. Sorry I didn't think about how you felt when I answered." y/n kept rambling on, apologising to Iwa.

He walked over to her and ruffled her hair.

"No, that's perfect." He turned to face Oikawa, his face full of determination.

"Hm," Oikawa thought. "I wouldn't prefer to pay but if it means that it will get rid of the sexual tension surrounding you guys, it's fine by me."

Iwa felt himself freeze again.

"How do I feel about y/n?" He asked himself himself.

His gaze went from his palms to y/n, she was looking right back at him.

They couldn't take their eyes off of each other.

A ball went flying past the net and onto their side, too fast for them to react.

"Nice work trashykawa!"

Oikawa and Yui high-fived.

"Hey! You didn't even tell us you were starting." y/n argued.

"Yes we did. It's just you were too busy staring into Iwa's eyes to notice." Oikawa answered

"Not true." She stuttered.

"Aww she's getting embarrassed." He mocked

"Don't point it out." She covered her face.

Iwa watched the scene on front of him with a smile.

"How do I feel about y/n?" He asked himself again

"Fine if you want to play dirty, we'll play dirty. Right Iwa?" She looked back at him.

He got ready to receive the ball.

"I think I'm in love with her."

He chuckled and shook his head at how naive he was to his feelings.

"Right." He answered.

"May the best team win."