Chapter 15

Niall POV

"Nah, Ed it's fine." I said.

Ed had just told the band that he had been offered a solo record deal and that he had to leave the band. 

"I'm sorry lads, will you be alright for the gig this weekend? I have to go to LA to meet a producer." Ed said. He looked truly sorry.

"It's all good mate, we're happy for you." Tom said.

"Yeah, good luck man." Will added.

"Thank you guys. I'm really sorry." Ed replied.

---

The next day was the first day back at school. I hadn't seen Harry and Liam yet today and I wanted to ask Harry if he wanted to join the band, he was a really good singer.

Lottie caught up with me in the hallway, slipping her hand into mine. She was about three months pregnant now.

"Hey, how was history?" I asked.

"Shit like always." Lottie replied.

We found Harry and Liam in our usual lunch spot.

"Hey Harry, Ed got a record deal and had to leave the band, so we were wondering... would you want to join?" I asked.

"Seriously? You want me to join your band?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Hell yeah, I'll join, thanks mate." Harry said and he hugged me.

---

That afternoon was our first band practice with Harry. We wanted to just go over a few of our songs with Harry singing instead of Ed. 

"Alright, we're just going to do Don't Forget Where You Belong, you've got the lyrics. Are you ready?" I asked Harry.

"Yeah, let's do it." Harry said and he positioned himself in front of the mic. Will counted us in with his drums and we started. 

"Been a lot of places..." Harry started singing. 

After practice I gave Harry a lift home.

"You were honestly really good, do you think you'll be ready for the gig on Saturday?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I practically know the songs off by heart already. Thanks so much Nialler, I've always wanted to be in a band." he replied.

"No problem Harold, thank you by the way, we wouldn't be very good with only three people." I said. I pulled up outside his house and we said goodbye, then I carried on up the road to Lottie's house.

"Hey." I said, finding Lottie in her room reading a book.

"Hey Niall." Lottie replied.

I took off my jacket and flopped down on the bed beside her.

"What are you reading?" I asked.

"A pregnancy book." Lottie replied.

"Can I read it?" I asked.

"You want to read it?" Lottie asked.

"Of course, I need to know what's going to go on." I replied.

"I love you." Lottie said and I leaned down to give her a kiss.

"Love you too Lots." I replied.

---

Harry POV

I was in a fucking band! The first thing I did when I got back from the first practice was text Louis.

Harry: Hey babe, you know how Ed left Niall's band?