Chapter 19

Niall POV

On Sunday the fifth of March was our second doctor's appointment. I arrived at Lottie's house after a practice with the band around lunchtime on Saturday.

When I pulled up into the driveway Lottie's mum, Johannah, was walking to her car.

"Oh, hi Niall. Lottie's inside, I'm just going to go buy some food for the week." Johannah said and she got into her car and left. I grabbed my guitar and my bag from the back of the car and went inside and up to Lottie's room.

"How's my girl and my girl or boy?" I asked happily, putting my stuff down on the bed next to where Lottie was lying on her phone.

"I'm alright and the baby is feeling fine." Lottie said, switching off her phone.

"Very good." I murmured, pressing my lips to Lottie's. My hand found her stomach and I kept it there as we kissed. Then quite suddenly, I felt something against my palm. Me and Lottie immediately pulled away, looking down at her stomach.

"Did you feel that?" Lottie asked.

"Have you felt that before?" I asked.

"No, I haven't." Lottie replied.

"I think they were telling their parents to get a room." I said.

Lottie laughed.

"Wow though, there really is a little baby in there." I said.

"Well, I'd hope so, look how fat I am!" Lottie said, lifting up her hoodie (it was technically my hoodie but I hadn't worn it since she stole it last year).

Lottie did look bigger, but it was amazing.

"You're not fat, you're building a baby in there." I said.

"Mmm." Lottie replied.

"C'mon love, let's go and get lunch for that baby of ours." I suggested.

---

That afternoon around three o'clock when me and Lottie were baking a cake in the kitchen the front door opened and Louis came into the kitchen.

"Louis!" Lottie said and she gave him a hug.

"Hey Lots, sorry I haven't been here in a while, how the baby going?" Louis said.

"Fine, we're going to the doctors again tomorrow." Lottie replied.

"And how are you Nialler?" Louis asked, looking over at me.

"Everything's all fine with me, bands going great." I replied.

"Good, good. Where's mum?" Louis asked.

"Upstairs I think." Lottie said.

Louis went away and Lottie and I returned to our cake.

"How are we going to decorate it?" I asked as Lottie slid it into the oven.

"Well I have these little guitars that I bought for your birthday, but Harry made you a cake first." Lottie said, grabbing some little guitar-shaped cake decorations out of a box. 

"Wow, these are cute. Screw Harry for making me that delicious tiered chocolate cake." I said, kissing Lottie.

"Did someone say Harry?" Louis asked, coming back into the kitchen.

"Just talking about that cake he made for my birthday." I said.

"Yeah, calm down Lou it's fine. How are you by the way, we haven't seen you since." Lottie said.

"Oh, I'm, well I'm, I'm shit." Louis said, sighing and sitting down on a barstool.

"Aw. Sorry Lou." Lottie said, giving Louis another hug.

"Ah, it's fine. It was coming either way." Louis said.

"Well, are you going to watch a movie with us and your mum tonight? We're having caaake." I said, gesturing to the cake cooking in the oven.

"Sure. I'm just going to go grab a cup of tea in town or something. I'll be back for dinner." Louis said and he grabbed his car keys and left.

---

Me, Lottie, Louis and Johannah ate dinner and then put on a movie. Halfway through me and Lottie handed out pieces of our cake.

At ten o'clock once the movie finished me and Lottie went back upstairs.

"I'm just going to have a shower." I said and I went into the bathroom.

I was washing shampoo out of my hair when the door opened and someone came in. 

"Don't freak out, it's just me." came Lottie's voice.

I looked through the gap in the shower curtain to see Lottie brushing her teeth by the sink.

I watched her and she grinned at me as she put her toothbrush down and started washing the makeup off her face. I winked. 

"Shove off Niall." she said. She gave me a quick kiss and then left, shutting the door behind her.

I grinned to myself and finished my shower, shut off the water and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my waist. I quickly brushed my teeth as well and then bundled up my clothes and went back into Lottie's room.

"Are you wearing my shirt?" I asked.

"Yes I am." Lottie replied.

I laughed and put my clothes down on the floor, then dropped my towel and pulled on some boxers. I grabbed my guitar from where it was leaning on the wall and got into bed beside Lottie.

"I have seen, I've seen it all in paper dreams, watched it unfold on the screen, but I never understood." I sang, watching Lottie's face.

"Oh, I must be seeing blind." I finished, letting the last strum of the guitar ring out.

"Beautiful." said a voice behind me. Louis was standing in the doorway.

"Fuck off Louis." Lottie said and she cupped my face and pulled my lips down to hers quite suddenly. I heard the door close.

She kissed me for quite a while and then pulled away. She wiped her eyes.

"Woah, what's wrong?" I asked, putting my guitar down on the floor and grabbing Lottie's hand.

"I don't know!" Lottie said, sobbing loudly.

"I think that's your hormones babe." I said.

"Urgh, I'm a mess." Lottie said, trying to turn away from me.

"You're not a mess Lots, you're beautiful." I said, pulling her into my chest.

"I love you Niall." Lottie whispered against my chest.

"I love you too darling." I replied. I leant over to turn off the lamp and then wriggled further under the covers, kissing the top of Lottie's head.

"By the way, that 'fuck off Louis' kiss thing was so hot." I whispered.

Lottie laughed and settled herself down more comfortably in my side.