Chapter 16

Louis POV

A week after the New Year I was back at university. It was the end of the first week back at school and Harry was coming to spend the weekend here.

I met the boys (Ed, Zayn and Ollie) at the pub for lunch before my afternoon lecture and then by half past three I got back to the flat. I went into the kitchen and put my bag down on the floor, making a cup of tea.

"Hey Louis, what's going on?" Megan asked, coming into the kitchen with a pile of dishes that she started stacking into the dishwasher.

"Not much, Harry's coming soon." I replied.

"Exciting." Megan said and she made herself a cup of tea as well, sitting down opposite me at the table. 

"Ooo, I've always wanted a gay friend to do this with. Alright hot or not?" Megan asked, pulling out her phone and googling Chris Hemsworth.

"Hot." I replied, laughing.

About fifteen minutes later, after declaring Zac Efron as hot, I got up to put my mug in the dishwasher.

"Very good taste, well done." Megan said, shaking my hand.

I laughed and starting getting out ingredients for dinner as Megan turned her attention to something on her phone. It was only four o'clock but I needed a lot of time because I was making a special romantic dinner for Harry.

"What are you making?" Megan asked.

"Chicken, stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in Parma ham, with a side of homemade mash." I replied.

As I was peeling potatoes Eleanor came into the kitchen.

"Hey Louis." she said.

"Hey." I replied.

She watched me as I peeled the potatoes and it was very intimidating. I ended up peeling my finger, which I didn't even know you could do.

"Fuck!" I yelled, putting my hand under some running water.

"What?" Eleanor asked.

"I peeled my fucking finger." I said, turning off the water and checking my bleeding finger.

"Aw." Eleanor said and she hugged me.

"Uhm, Eleanor? If you don't let go of me and let me wrap this up I'm going to drip blood all over the floor." I said, hugging her back awkwardly.

"Sorry." Eleanor replied and she stepped away slightly and then lifted her head up and kissed me.

"What the fuck." came a voice I recognized.

Oh shit. Harry was here. 

"Eleanor!" Megan said angrily.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

Harry had disappeared from the doorway. I hurried out of the kitchen and went downstairs and out of the building, wrapping my finger in my shirt (it was bleeding quite a lot).

"Harry!" I called, he was unlocking his car door.

"What was that Louis!" Harry replied.

"I didn't want to kiss her Harry! I hurt my finger and she fucking kissed me. I'm sorry but I really didn't do anything." I said.

Harry didn't reply.

"Please come back inside Harry." I said.

"Don't you feel it Louis?" Harry asked, walking back around the car to stand in front of me.

"Feel what?" I replied.

"Us. We're off. It's not the same. It's too hard being far away, we're not like we used to be." Harry said. He had tears in his eyes and the sight and his words made my eyes sting as well.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"You know what I'm saying. I'm sorry Louis." Harry replied.

"I love you though." I said.

"I love you too, but I don't think it's enough anymore." Harry said.

I blinked a few tears out of my eyes.

"Promise me that you believe I didn't kiss Eleanor." I said.

"I do believe you. It doesn't change my mind though." Harry replied and he turned around, opened his car door and got in. I saw him wipe the tears off his face with his sleeve and I hurriedly wiped away my own.

And then he was driving off. I watched him drive to the end of the street and then turned and drove out of view. A fresh wave of tears clouded my view as I ran back upstairs and went into my room, slamming the door behind me.

I tugged my bloodstained shirt off and threw it at the wall, opening a drawer in the bathroom and grabbing a little bandage to put on my finger. Then I went back into the main room and lay down on my bed, wiping more tears off my face.

---

About an hour later someone knocked on the door.

"It's Megan!" Megan called through the door.

"Yeah come in!" I called back.

She opened the door with difficulty because she was carrying a tray of food, my bag, a laptop, a box of tissues, a packet of biscuits, a box of chocolate and a box of Sprite cans.

"You left your bag in the kitchen so I brought you that. And this is your dinner, I finished making it for you." Megan said, putting the tray down on the bed and putting my bag down in the corner of the room. She put down the rest of the food and the laptop beside me.

"What are you doing Megan?" I asked.

"I'm giving you one night of sadness and self-pity. We are going to watch shitty movies, eat and cry. And then tomorrow, you're going to think on the positive side. Now budge up." she said and she came and sat next to me.

"Have a tissue, your face is a mess." she said, throwing the box of tissues at me.

I flipped her off and grabbed a few tissues, wiping my face.

"Now, here is your chicken, stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in Parma ham, with a side of homemade mashed potatoes." she said, grabbing the two plates and giving me one.

She pressed play on the movie.

"So what happened? Is it all Eleanor's fault? Want me to beat her up?" Megan asked.

"No. Harry said that we were off. Said it was too hard being far apart." I said.

"Aw love." Megan said, hugging me.

Then she opened a can of Sprite.

"Most people get piss drunk when they get dumped, but I think that this is a much better approach." Megan said.

Four hours later the dinner was long gone, the plates stacked on the floor, I was on my fifth Sprite and we were making our way through the biscuits.

"I'm sorry that this isn't your romantic night." Megan said.

"It's alright actually. Thank you." I said.

"No problem." Megan replied.