ten

While Rory was relaxing on her terrace, two miles across town Finn was not having as relaxing a time. First when he arrived at the hotel he had been shocked when his staff could greet Rory on sight and by name, when he questioned his concierge how they all knew who she was, his concierge just replied vaguely "It's my job to know all the important people in London, Sir." Which meant Finn was no wiser as to the real answer. What Finn had hoped would be an easy check in trip to the hotel had turned into a putting fires out visit as the hotel had had several issues since he arrived. First they had plumbing issues on one of the floors, then they had a computer system issue which meant the system started over charging people, and then he had to discipline some of the management for how they handled the issues.

It was late in the afternoon by the time Finn managed to get back to the concierge to ask if they had any availability for tickets to shows, he knew they usually kept some seats aside for the popular shows incase they have any guests who need last minute tickets. The concierge had a few shows available for the next night, as soon as Finn saw they had Lion King tickets he snapped up that set, he knew Rory would love it if she hadn't already seen it. Not many people realised Finn loved the theatre, especially musicals. They weren't something he got to see very often as it wasn't really a place to take a casual date and most of his friends would mock him forever if they knew how much he loved them, although considering his college flair for dramatics it shouldn't really be a surprise.

After Finn had agreed with Rory to go for dinner and a show the next night he spent some time trying to find a restaurant he thought she would like. He knew Rory wasn't like most girls and would want to actually eat, not just pick at a salad, he settled on an italian round the corner from the theatre, it wasn't an upscale place but the last time he had eaten there the food had been amazing, with the best tiramisu he had ever tasted.

Finn opened up his laptop and saw he had an email from Colin sent to both him and Logan detailing some wedding plans and asking when they would both be back in NYC to meet up for drinks. Now they were all working, it was rarer for them to all be in the same time zone so they had learned to email, or IM each other, only calling when they knew they would be in the same part of a country. Finn quickly replied to say he was in the UK for the next two to three weeks depending on work and he would call once he was back in the city. After he had pressed send on the email Finn sat back and began to think about Rory. He had been happily shocked to see her on the plane, he actually had missed her in the five years they were out of touch. To say she had gotten more beautiful over time would be an understatement, he had a crush on her in college, stepping aside for Logan as he had "dibs'd" her. But now she was stunning, and when they had got off the plane and he realised she had changed clothes he had struggled to stop him self from commenting on her figure. Finn wondered had she also felt sparks the few times they had held hands or when he kissed her cheek goodbye. He quickly brushed the thought aside, she would never think of him like that, and he didn't even know if she was single.

Finn walked up the street that Rory said she was staying at and marvelled at some of the architecture, the area was a mix of traditional Georgian houses and modern flare. He got to the address Rory had sent him and wondered, not for the first time, whose house she was staying in. Finn was greeted by a doorman.

"I'm here to see Miss Gilmore,"

"Elevator on the left, and go to the top floor, she has the entire floor. I will call ahead to announce your arrival."

At this Finn looked shocked but he did as the man said. When the elevator got to the top floor, he saw that there was only one door so he knocked.

Rory answered and let him in quickly, "I'm not quite ready yet Finn, I just need five more minutes, make yourself at home here or on the terrace." Rory said while walking back down a corridor.