forty eight

Rory woke up slowly, vaguely aware she was not alone in the bed, the weight of an unfamiliar arm around her waist. Arm around her waist?

"What the hell?" Rory whispered as she sat up. She quickly surveyed the room. Lane was spooned into her and that's whose arm was around her. Lane was starting to stir, Rory must have disturbed her when she sat up. Stephanie and Olivia were cuddled up on the other side of the superking bed. Paris on the other hand had made herself at home on the couch in the room and was snoring lightly.

BANG! BANG!

Rory heard the banging and realised that must have been what woke her, someone was banging on the door. She slowly slipped out of bed, trying hard not to disturb its other occupants. She glanced at the clock on her way through the suit to the door, it was only six am, who would be at the door already.

BANG BA-

"I'm here, what is it? Grandma?" Rory said, shocked at the sight of Emily, fully dressed for the day in her usual Chanel. "It's barely even six am Grandma, why are you here?" Rory asked, as Emily brushed past here and made her way into the suite.

"What took you so long to answer the door? And where is everyone else? I assumed one of the other girls would have answered the door," Emily spoke briskly leaving Rory no option but to answer her.

"It took so long because I was asleep Grandma! I didn't expect to be woken up this early. The other girls are still asleep although I think Lane will be awake soon."

"Okay so you haven't had breakfast or coffee yet?" Emily asked, making her way into the main living area of the suite from the foyer.

"No nothing yet," Rory answered, not for the first time wondering why they had bothered getting a three bedroom suite for the night, she had known all along they would all end up in the same room, if not bed. The suite had three bedroom's, four bathrooms, three full and one half, it had a kitchen, a dining room, and two living rooms. In short it was bigger than most Manhattan apartments.

"Okay, you go wash up and check on the other girls. I will organise breakfast for you all," Emily ordered in her usual tone. Rory obliged her as it meant she could escape, if only momentarily.

Rory walked into the bedroom and laughed. In her absence Land had rolled over and was now cuddled into Stephanie which meant Stephanie was now sandwiched between Lane and Olivia, both of whom had their arms around her. Knowing Colin would never forgive her if she didn't capture some photographic evidence of his wife in bed with multiple women, Rory quickly grabbed her cell and took a picture, texting it to Colin, captioning it 'Don't worry your wife had plenty of company in bed last night!' While texting Colin she realised she had a message from Finn, it must have just come through.

F: Colin has informed me he is taking my cell until wedding time so I can't text you. Paris will probably do the same to you. Rory, I can't wait until four. I can't believe that the day is finally here. I love you so much, and I am counting the moments until I see you walking down the aisle towards me, and our future. I missed you so much last night, which just shows me how much we are meant to be. I'm rambling now and not making any sense in my sappiness. To sum it all up- I love you, I miss you, I am counting the hours until OUR future begins. See you at four, Miss Gilmore-Hayden soon to be Mrs Morgan.

Rory's eye's started to water as she read the text, she felt as though he was beside her passing those sentiments on as she read the text. Rory knew that Finn was it for her, and when he was sentimental like this it just proved how right that knowledge was.

R: Finn, Paris is asleep which is why I probably still have my cell. Your ramble was sweet enough to make me cry, and I only hope Colin relents and lets you at least read my response, after all I did just send him a picture of his own wife. Finn, from the first night in London when we went to see the Lion King and went to the circus bar afterwards, I have hoped that this is how we would end up, but you know what? Reality is much better than my dreams back then could even imagine. Finn, you make everything better, you make the sad times bearable, the fun times have more laughter with you involved, you make the mundane day to day seem exciting, and I don't need to tell you what effect you have on the sexy times. Everyday that you have been in my life you have made it better. I can only hope that I do the same to you. That is my goal for the rest of your life, to ensure that I am making your life better everyday. I love you, see you in nine hours, Mr Morgan, I'll be the last one coming down the aisle, make sure you wait for me.