thirty nine

"Am I serious? Fuck sake Logan, you have thirty seconds to think about this before I ask you to leave."

Logan took a deep breath and looked around the room. Colin was staring him down, Finn was avoiding eye contact, probably feeling awkward for his part in ruining Colin's morning, Robert was playing with his phone just pretending that he wasn't fully invested in what was going on, actually he was probably texting Juliet about it so she could relay it to Rosemary.

"Fine Colin, I mean fuck, sorry of course today is more important. I will say no more about it today. Truce."

"Shake on it," Colin stated firmly, motioning towards Finn and Logan. Finn quickly moved and offered his hand to Logan. Logan had a final look at Colin, who just raised his eyebrow, before he resignedly took Finn's proffered hand and shook on it.

"Now let's have a drink and get this show on the road," Robert said, finally giving up the pretence of not listening.

Three hours later and the guys were all standing at the altar watching the final guests arrive. Summer was seated about halfway down the congregation beside her in-laws and was looking pretty pissed at what she thought was a snub that she was not part of the wedding party, but Rory Gilmore was. Summer had already been reminded several times by Honor that Rory had gone to and spent most of her college years in both Colin and Stephanie's company.

"Last chance to run, need me to make a diversion?" Finn whispered to Colin from his spot beside Logan at the altar.

"Never," Colin said with certainty, as the music changed and the men turned to watch the beginning of the bridesmaids processional. Rosemary was first down the aisle, she was followed by Rory. Rory instantly made eye contact with Finn and broke out into a shy smile, they maintained eye contact the whole way down the aisle. Next was Juliet, before the music changed and the whole congregation stood to watch Stephanie walk down the aisle in her custom Vera Wang gown.

"Remember to breathe," Logan whispered to Colin, having heard his friend's breath catch as soon as Steph had appeared on her fathers arm.

"She's an angel," Colin whispered back reverently, not once breaking eye contact with his beautiful bride.

The three stooges managed to remain respectful and serious for the length of the ceremony, Colin was blindsided by his brides beauty and incapable of thinking of anything else, Logan was reflecting on this morning and trying to work out if he was being petty or justified, he had originally felt justified but as no one appeared to be on his side he was wondering was he just being petty now. Finn on the other hand had been unable to think of anything but Rory from the second she appeared at the end of the aisle and shyly smiled at him. He couldn't have told anyone what colour Stephanie was even wearing if they asked him. He couldn't believe how lucky he was, aware that in six months it would be them making their vows, Rory and he had barely broken eye contact since she had taken her spot on the altar opposite his.

Before they knew it the Priest was declaring it time for Colin to kiss his bride, which he gratefully did. The bridesmaids and groomsmen all paired up to follow Colin and Steph down the aisle, Juliet and Logan went first as Maid of Honor and Best Man, Rory and Finn were next, followed by Robert and Rosemary.

Finn met his fiance in the centre of the altar with a kiss on the cheek. "You look gorgeous baby," he whispered.

"Thanks, that tux is working for you too," Rory responded, giving him a sideways glance. They were both trying to look sensible while walking down together, keeping their eyes forward with gentle smiles. They knew that there were quite a few sets of eyes watching them carefully as most guests knew that they would be the next in the group to marry.