forty one

"Hey Mate," Finn greeted Colin. They were meeting at their usual bar for food and drinks. Rory was out of town for work, and Stephanie had been roped into attending some gala with her mother, leaving both the guys at a loose end. Not that either of them really needed an excuse to meet up for drinks.

"Hey, how's it going?" Colin asked, sliding into the booth opposite Finn.

"Good, busy with all the usual stuff, how about you?"

"I've been in court all week, the jury is currently deliberating but I don't expect a verdict before tomorrow afternoon. How's wedding planning going?"

"It's going well, other than Emily Gilmore continually trying to add people to the guest list. She is stressing Rory out, which is hard to watch, but we always knew Emily would be the hardest part of wedding planning."

"Ah yes, remember that male Yale party she threw trying to set Rory up with all the trust fund guys."

"Yes, that night was awful, you could tell Rory was mortified and totally not into it."

"Was hilarious though. So are we planning this bachelor party?"

"About that," Finn started while signaling the waitress to bring them another round. "Rory and I were considering combining bachelor and bachelorette parties. Like all of us go to the same destination for a weekend but have 1 separate night during it, but the rest as a joint party. What do you think?"

Colin looked at Finn skeptically. "So you mean all of us fly to say Vegas on a Friday, spend Friday night, Saturday daytime together, split into all male/ all female groups for the Saturday night and then recombine for the Sunday?"

"Yes but not Vegas. How do you think the guys would take it?"

"I think the idea has merit, most of us are all paired off and over the idea of strippers and hookers."

"Even a separate party would mean no strippers or hookers Colin, and I hope you know that." Finn said looking at his best friend with a pointed eyebrow raise.

"Yes, I know, I haven't even seen you glance at anyone else's boobs since you got together with Rory, so I know strippers wouldn't be appreciated. Are we ordering food or what? I'm getting hungry." Colin asked, grabbing the menu from the centre of the table.

"I actually invited Logan to join us, I was waiting for him to arrive. I gave him a time thirty minutes later than you so we could get the bachelor party talk out of the way first."

"Is that a good idea?" Colin asked with a sigh, he had been getting sick of playing mediator between his friends.

"He has been on his best behaviour since your wedding, so I'm willing to start letting him back in a bit. Not sure what to do about the bachelor party yet though."

"Yeah, I can understand that-"

"Hey guys," Logan greets them as he walks up to the booth.

"Hey Logan."

"Hey mate."

"Have you ordered yet? I'm starving, I was stuck in a conference call and ended up missing lunch today." Logan asked, sliding into the booth beside Colin.

"No we were just waiting on you," Finn answered just as the waitress came up to take their order.

As the waitress walked away after taking their orders, Colin surveyed the table and then taking a deep breath jumped in. "So Logan, how is the perfect husband attempt going?"

"It's going. We are trying a dedicated date night once a week, which is much harder than you would think, she is really making me work for it, she isn't even letting me have sex." Logan said, taking a gulp of his scotch. "Like she wants us to be in a better place before we go there again." Logan rolled his eyes showing the guys his true feelings on that one.