twenty eight

The next morning Rory woke up in Finn's arms, she just lay there looking at her ring and her fiance. She couldn't believe she was starting the year off engaged. It was going to be a busy year between helping Colin and Stephanie in the run up to their wedding, and starting to plan their own. Oh God Colin and Stephanie's wedding, and the HUntzbergers, and Emily and the Rose room. Rory's thoughts started to spiral rapidly.

"I can feel you thinking from over here, Kitten," Finn murmured sleepily.

"Finn, I wanted to talk to you about an idea." Rory asked hesitantly, propping herself on his chest.

"You have my full attention," he said, giving her forehead a kiss.

"You and Logan are both in Colin's wedding, you as groomsman, Logan as best man, and I'm one of Stephanie's bridesmaids. If our engagement is announced before that, Logan will freak, and could ruin the wedding with a big scene or tension. Colin has always wanted both of you involved, I don't want to ruin a decades old friendship on him. Would you be ok with us not doing an official announcement until after the wedding? We can tell family and still start to plan the wedding, or we can not tell anyone and start to plan the wedding so when we do tell family, we have made all the big decisions?" Rory rambled out.

"Wow, that's a lot of deep thinking for this early in the morning. Are you sure? That would mean keeping it quiet for months."

"Just until April. Just think, it means we could have everything planned, before we have to tell the grandparents and have them try to take over. It could work to our advantage."

"Do you want to discuss it with Colin and Stephanie first?"

"Might help to have someone in on the secret and to get their perspective?"

"Did anyone know you were planning on proposing?"

"My Mom and my sister, so probably my Dad too."

"Do you want to tell them? I'm okay with telling them, especially if you don't want them to think you have chickened out."

"Hey! It was probably the scariest thing I have ever done!" Finn exclaimed.

"Really? Why?"

"I wasn't sure if you would think it was too soon, what if you had said no, could we have survived that. I just had to hope I was right that we were both on the same page."

"We were, we are. I didn't think you would do it this early but I'm glad you did. I love you Finn, it was perfect." Rory said, kissing him.

"Good Morning Kitten, are we finished talking?"

"Do you want to be finished talking?" Rory asked, moving so she was above him.

"I can think of a lot of other ways to occupy my mouth right now."

"Why don't you show me?" And he did for the rest of the morning.

That evening was their last evening in Australia, they were flying home the next day. The plan was to have supper with Finn's family that night. As they were getting ready, Finn came out of the closet dressed to go and sat on the bed to watch Rory finish doing her makeup to leave.

"Rory?"

"Yes Finn?"

"How mad would you be if I said I had planned a two maybe three day detour for our way home?"

"It depends on whether by planned, you mean you told both of our assistants so our work won't be affected, or if you just mean you changed the plane tickets?"