seventeen

Early Friday morning as Rory was walking into her office her cell beeped, she was pleasantly surprised to see a text from Finn so early in the morning.

F: one question kitten, fun date or romantic date tonight, your choice.

R: how about romance tonight, and a fun day tomorrow? I'm intrigued to see if thee Finn Morgan knows how to be romantic.

F: believe me Miss Gilmore, I can do romance, just you wait and see.

Seven o clock Friday night came and Rory's doorbell rang. She had told her doorman to go ahead and let Finn up when he arrived. Rory opened the door for Finn and signalled she needed five more minutes, before running back to her bedroom without a second glance at him.

Finn watched her run off in amusement, as he took advantage of the opportunity to have a look around Rory's home. It was all high ceilings, and lots of light. The kitchen was modern, more modern than he expected of Rory's taste, the living room was bright but cozy, big oversized couches and lots of books around. Surprisingly no tv. Finn wondered where it was hidden because he knew that Rory had to have a tv, she loved movies too much not to.

"Ready to go, Finn?" Rory said, walking into the room.

Finn looked Rory up and down. "Rory, you look amazing." He said honestly, she was in a midnight blue cocktail dress, with matching high heels, her hair was down and lightly curled.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Finn." He had a dark grey suit on with a deep blue shirt and no tie.

"Let's go, Miss Gilmore, your chariot awaits." Finn offered her his arm as they left her apartment. "Would you believe me if I said I lived only a block away from here?"

"Really Finn?" Rory asked, looking at him in shock.

"Yes, I can't believe we never crossed paths at all."

"Neither of us probably go walking around the neighborhood too much in fairness. I know I don't unless it's for coffee. I travel a lot on weekends, whether it's Hartford, Stars Hollow or somewhere else."

"True, I'm not much of a walker myself, kitten."

"This is us here," Finn says, leading her towards a town car.

The car took them towards central park. Finn had arranged for them to have a carriage ride through the park. The carriage took them slowly through the park as dusk settled. After the carriage ride, they got back into the car and it took them towards an apartment building. He led her to the elevator and took her straight to the roof.

While in the elevator he stated "I'm reclaiming roof tops from Logan." He had lit up the rooftop with fairy lights. Facing one wall he had set up a projector and what looked like a pillow fort.

"What is all this Finn?"

"Wait and see, the food should be arriving soon." As he said that his cell went off. "I'll be right back."

He returned 2 minutes later with pizza and chinese food. "I remember you when we went out for food, I figured you would appreciate this as much, if not more than a fancy restaurant."

"You're right. This is awesome." Rory said, sitting down on a floor pillow.

Finn plopped himself down on a pillow beside her, "I'm glad to hear that kitten. drink?" He asked pulling a cooler out of nowhere. "I have soda, beer, wine, sparkling water."

"Can I have a soda for now Finn?"

"Here you go, want to eat first then movie or eat while the movie is on? And don't worry I have candy for the movie."