sixteen

Finn and Rory had been back in New York City for a week. They had yet to have the opportunity to get together as they both had to do all the catch up work that was required after their vacations. They had both ensured that they made the time to contact the other everyday, whether it was by text, email or phone call.

It was Thursday night and Finn was meeting with Colin for a drink, Rory was in Boston for the night as she was needed in the office there on Thursday and Friday. Finn was missing her which was a strange sensation for him especially as it was unlikely he would have spent the evening with her anyway.

He was sitting in a booth at a bar in Manhattan waiting for Colin. He decided to send Rory a text to let her know he was missing her while he was waiting.

F: Waiting on Colin, hope you aren't working too hard. Still planning on being back in the city tomorrow?

He didn't have long to wait for her response.

R: Yes I'm still in the office, it might be a late night because I want to get back to NY tomorrow afternoon. I was hoping to see my boyfriend.

At this Finn grinned to himself, he had been hoping the same.

F: I'm sure your boyfriend is hoping to spend the weekend with you too.

R: Are you telling Colin about us, Finn?

F: I was planning on it, Kitten, unless you had any other thoughts.

R: It may be my insecurities talking, but would you mind waiting? I don't want to mess up your friendships, and then it not work out for some reason.

F: If that's what you want, kitten, then that's what we will do. But this will work if I have anything to do with it.

R: Thank you Finn x we can talk about it more over the weekend.

F: I'll just tell Colin I have a girlfriend for now. Can I take my girlfriend out on a date tomorrow night?

"Hey Finn," Colin said, dropping down into the booth across from him.

"Hey Colin, I didn't see you come in!" Finn said, "how are you mate?"

"I'm good, dad's been riding me at work, but that's nothing new. How was your trip? All fun, or some work involved?" Colin asked, while signaling the waitress that he wanted the same as Finn.

"What's up with your Dad?"

"He's been working a case against someone called Leigh Hayden, and they are younger than me so he keeps making comparisons between us, and using it to put the pressure on me."

Finn chuckled to himself with that, "That sucks mate. I did a few days work there, but also did some traveling for fun and got some sightseeing done."

"Sightseeing? That doesn't sound like you Finn?" Colin said, his disbelief obvious in his tone.

Finn's cell beeped, he checked the text from Rory before answering Colin.

R: I'd love to go on a date tomorrow night Finn.

Finn quickly replied,

F: I'll pick you up at seven Kitten, apparently Colin's dad has been complaining that Colin doesn't work as hard as one Leigh Hayden whoever that is lol x