forty five

To say the flight home was awkward would be a major understatement. Everyone but Summer seemed to be aware that Logan had left the bachelor party with another woman and not the guys. No one wanted to be the one to break the news but no one was enjoying being a part of Logan's deception. The girls had all decided in advance to just go for distraction and they declared that they were having a girl's movie and snacks for the flight and no boys allowed in that section of the plane. It meant that at least they didn't have to watch the couple interact while knowing what Logan had been doing. The guys all returned to playing poker for the flight home but managed to break up into groups that meant Logan had no table to play on. He was forced to get his laptop out and pretend that he had work to catch up on. The guys knew they would probably eventually move past their anger with Logan, after all it wasn't as though his behaviour was a surprise.

On their end Rory and Finn stuck to their plan and spent the flight in the plane's bedroom. They slept their hangovers off and talked about all of the things they had done while split up over the weekend. They had spent a lot of the weekend trying not to rub their happiness in Logan's face, aware of the awkward situation of best friend marrying an ex, but now they regretted it. He had proven that he didn't exactly reciprocate the thoughtfulness.

"Finn?"

"Yes, Kitten?"

"I want to help Summer."

"What do you mean help?" Finn asked sitting up in the bed so he could see Rory clearly, he could see from the bottom lip caught in her teeth that she had been concentrating hard.

"I don't mean that I'm going to tell her he cheated, mainly because he didn't admit it, we are all just assuming because he never came back to the hotel. She knows that we all have an idea that they are working on their marriage. So I was going to try to subtly pass her a business card for my firm. I can help make sure she gets a shark of a divorce lawyer. We have a few at the firm. We both know Logan will use McRae's firm." Rory rambled out looking sheepishly at Finn.

Finn sighed and pulled her into his arms again. "Less than six months ago, you hated her, and now you want to make sure she doesn't get Huntzberger'd. This is part of the reason I love you, your compassion is endless."

"Will she see it as compassion? Or will she think I am trying to gloat?" Rory said nervously.

"Are you gloating?" Finn asked with an eyebrow raise.

"No, if I was gloating I would have Paris throw in a card for an STD check." At that Finn burst into loud laughter.

"OH MY GOD! Can we do that? I want to see Logan's face."

"No Finn, that would be cruel. I think I will write her a note and tell her to open it later and alone. Or maybe I should ask her to call me at work. What do you think?"

"I think maybe a call might be better, if you write her a letter and Logan finds it, it would be world war three! If you get her to give you a call at work you can lay out her options and help her make a plan before Logan even has time to know.

"Okay Finn I think you are right, I'll just give her my business card and tell her to call me to arrange lunch, that sounds natural and I can pull that off."

TWENTY MINUTES UNTIL WE LAND IF EVERYONE COULD PLEASE SIT DOWN AND PREPARE FOR OUR DESCENT

At that announcement Finn and Rory walked back out to the main cabin to join their friends.

"Lots of laughter going on in there, is Finn's technique that laughable?" Logan shouts with a smirk.

"Believe me, it's anything but laughable,'' Rory retorted, trying to stop her face going red with anger.