fifty

All eyes turned towards the stairs as the opening bars of Canon In D by Pachelbel started to play. At the top of the stairs stood Rory on Chris's arm. As Rory looked at the congregation gathered below them she had a sudden flashback to her debutante ball and smirked.

"Do me a favour?"

"Anything"

"Just don't let me fall."

"Right back at ya."

With that moment of reminiscing over, Rory and Chris started down the stairs and down the aisle towards the people gathered there. As soon as Rory's feet hit the floor after the stairs and she felt she was safe from falling, she looked up and her eyes automatically connected with Finn's at the other end of the aisle like magnets. She couldn't have looked away if she wanted to, she watched as his eyes lit up at the sight of her, and he mouthed 'I love you' as a beaming smile lit up his face.

As soon as Rory appeared at the top of the stairs it was as though everyone else in the building disappeared for Finn. His eyes took in her ivory dress, which will modest highlighted her figure, the small train flowing gently down the marble stairs behind her, he was a little surprised to see that she had forgone a veil, but the dress, train and ruby red rose bouquet were already an overwhelming assault on his senses. Once Rory hit level ground, his eyes were automatically drawn to hers, and he couldn't resist mouthing 'I love you,' as he felt his eyes start to water. He wasn't sure he would make it through the ceremony without crying, which would mean owing Tristan a thousand dollars.

Once Chris and Rory reached the top of the aisle, Chris leaned over and gave her a tender kiss on the cheek.

"I love you kid."

"I love you too Dad."

Chris firmly shook Finn's hand, saying "Take care of her," as he placed Rory's hand in Finn's.

"Always," Finn responded to Chris, he eye's never leaving Rory's.

"You look breathtaking," Finn whispered.

"I love you," Rory whispered back, as the officiant subtly cleared their throat to capture their attention.

Before they were even aware of anytime passing it was time for the vows.

"Lorelai and Finnegan have chosen to write their own vows for the occasion. Lorelai, would you like to go first?"

"Finn, I love quote Kiersten White, 'I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you.' Finn, I vow to you that I will continue to choose you, in life, in love. I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you, care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you, build with you, and live with you." Rory squeezed Finn's hand tight as she finished and noticed that his eyes were just as watery as hers.

"Rory, I love you. I was going to quote from the Princess Bride but I decided that seeing as he lives here. to quote a different literary masterpiece Winnie the Pooh. 'As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to begin.' Pooh was right. Since I met you we have been on a winding and grand adventure. Rory, because of you, I laugh, I smile, and I dare to dream more than I ever have. Thank you for the miracle of you. You are, and always will be, the love of my life, my soulmate, my person. No matter where we are, I feel at home because you are with me. I promise to be a home for your heart as well." By the time Finn finished, they both had silent tears running down their cheeks. Finn moved to wipe Rory's cheek with his thumb gently.