fifteen

Four hours later they landed back in Edinburgh and made their way towards the hotel. Once they arrived back to their hotel suite Rory made her way towards her case and grabbed her laptop.

"Finn, I just need to make a few calls and sort out this issue in the office if that's ok?"

"That's fine, kitten, I hope everything's ok?" He asked, rubbing her arm.

"Yes it's all fine, just someone in the office who doesn't appreciate having a twenty seven year old boss, so everytime I go somewhere he gets a little power hungry." Rory said with a sigh, "A few calls should fix it, if not I might have to go back to go to court."

"Ok, I'll give you some privacy while I check my own work email." Finn gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked into his own room.

An hour later Finn came out just as Rory was finishing up a call. He was trying not to eavesdrop but it was hard not to hear.

"Well Mr McCrae, you know what it's like when these associates decide they need to prove their importance while the boss is away."

"Ah yes, of course Andrew, you better call me Leigh"

"Haha yes, I do remember what he was like, I'm sure that has been interesting for you."

"Thanks again for your understanding, we must have lunch when I'm back in Boston." Rory signed off with a sigh.

Finn touched her arm and she jumped. "Finn, I didn't see you there, I just need to call my Dad and let him know it's all fixed. When I get back I'm going to have to talk with my staff again about bothering my Dad when I'm gone. He has his own firm to run, nevermind mine."

"Rory was that Andrew McCrae on the phone? Colin's dad?"

"Yes it was, I didn't realize you were there. We cross paths quite a bit, so far I've yet to cross Colin's path except in name only. And again I'm pretty sure he doesn't know I'm the Leigh Hayden he has occasionally fought against."

"I can't wait to see his face when he discovers that Kitten." Finn said, pulling her into his arms to give her a tight hug. He gave her hair a sniff loving the smell of her shampoo and her. Finn placed a light kiss on her hair. "I'll let you call your Dad. Then I think we need to discuss a plan."

"Do you have much business left here Finn, or what would your plan be if I wasn't involved?"

"I'm meant to check up on our hotel in Belfast, and then I'm done here for a while. I'm due back in New York in a week." Finn said. He was watching Rory as she walked around the room making coffee.

"I have to visit my house in Dublin, I had some renovations done after my last visit and I have to check on them before I send the last payment to the contractor. I had hoped to visit Galway just for a few days but I would be willing to switch from Galway to Belfast for a few days if you would like some company?" Rory asked hesitantly. She knew he wanted to try a relationship but she wasn't sure how much he wanted her to be around him.

"I'd like that. How would you feel about me joining you in Dublin for a few days, and then you join me in Belfast and then we fly home to New York together?" Finn queried, while taking the fresh cup of coffee from her.

"If you aren't set on dates for Belfast, can we flip that and go there first so I can give my housekeeper time to prepare the house?"

"That works for me, would you be ready to leave this evening or did you want to go in the morning?"

"If you are trying to catch your hotel staff off guard, would tonight be better? I can be ready to go in an hour?" Rory said, thinking she was already pretty much packed after the trip to Paris.