twenty

Saturday morning came too soon for Rory and Finn. Rory's alarm went off and she snuggled deeper into Finn's chest.

"Too early," she mumbled into him.

"Sun too bright," he muttered back.

Rory lifted her head on his chest and looked up at her boyfriend, and smiled.

He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"I'm getting used to this," he said, his voice husky from sleep.

"Is that a bad thing?" Rory bit her lip.

"It's a very good thing, love."

"Good. We should get up, we are already behind. Want to order food to get delivered while we shower and get dressed?"

"Sounds like a plan. Joint shower to save water kitten, I'm feeling very environmentally friendly this morning." Finn smirked.

"You order food, I'll start in the shower and you come join me?"

"You're on." Finn replied, bouncing out of bed. There is no motivator like the prospect of morning shower sex.

Ninety minutes later they were on the road to Stars Hollow. Rory was driving her Lexus SUV, they had grabbed coffee for the drive. The drive passed quickly as they sang along to the radio, made jokes and just generally got to know each other better. As they got closer to Stars Hollow, Rory started to get nervous.

"What's up Kitten?" Finn asked, sensing the change in her demeanor.

"I'm just a little nervous. My mom may have gotten used to me being a part of this world, but she still seems to expect me to bring home small town guys. I'm nervous how it will go with you. In theory she should love you - handsome, exotic, great sense of humor not afraid to laugh at yourself."

"Rory it will be fine, sure it would be awesome if she loves me but if not I'll wear her down. I wore you down didn't I?"

"Oh Finn, it would be disturbing if you wore my mother down the same way you did me."

"What I'm trying to say is it will all be ok, unless you are planning on breaking up with me if she hates me?"

"No! Of Course not!" She said emphatically.

"Then we will be ok." He reached for her hand across the console. "It looks like we are here." They were just passing the Welcome to Stars Hollow sign.

Rory parked in front of Luke's, they got out to go in for lunch. As Rory expected, heads turned to look out the windows of Luke's. She came round to meet Finn on the sidewalk and took his hand.

"Are you ready for this?" She said looking at Finn apprehensively.

"Born ready, love," he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Ok let's go," she said, leading him into Luke's. It went silent as they walked in. Rory brought Finn over to a table for four near the window. They sat down and waited for Luke to come over. Everyone was watching them by this point.

"Hey Rory, your mom should be on her way." Luke said, coming over. "You must be Finn," he said as he stuck his hand out to shake Finn's.

"Yes sir, it's a pleasure to meet you. Rory only has great things to say about you." Finn replied. The whispers started in the restaurant as soon as they heard Finn's accent.

"Coffee?"

"Yes please Rory has talked about it for so long I need to see what the fuss is about."