twenty seven

Rory had left LA on the evening of boxing day as the red eye was the only option this close to Christmas, so she left there on Wednesday night and arrived in Sydney at seven am on the Friday. A very tired, but excited Rory bundled out from baggage claim. She was excited to have some warmer weather, see Australia and most of all see Finn. She looked around for him, it took her a minute to spot him as she had overlooked him to start. He was standing there waiting for her with a bunch of helium balloons, stars and hearts in red and blue, with a giant smile on his face as he saw her. They both started to each other as quickly as they could, once they were close enough Rory dropped all pretence of etiquette and ran into his arms, her legs wrapping around his waist as he picked her up to meet his lips.

Finn pulled back to look into her face, before dropping another kiss to her lips and giving her a squeeze, then he lowered her gently back down to the ground.

"That was quite the hello Kitten, would now be a bad time to tell you my sister came with me to meet you and probably watched that all?"

"She didn't?" Rory asked as her face flushed crimson.

"No she didn't, Kitten, I just wanted to see how red your face would go," Finn said, kissing her cheek and then jumping out of the way before she could smack him on the arm.

"It's a good thing I love you Finnegan Thomas Morgan!"

"I love you too, now come on you must be exhausted after that flight." Finn gave her the balloons, took her luggage in one hand and her hand in the other, and led her out to his car.

"Are we going to your apartment or your parents?" Rory asked, looking at him while biting her lip.

"We are going to mine, I didn't think you would feel comfortable having a daytime nap at my parents while you were jetlagged."

"Sounds good, Finn." Rory climbed into his truck. As she expected he had a pickup there as he did a lot more extreme sports and it was easier for carrying his surfboard and equipment. She was enjoying just looking out the window at all the different buildings as they drove through the city to the apartment. She couldn't see much between the buildings so she had no real concept of their whereabouts. Finn pulled into an underground parking lot of an apartment building, and got Rory's luggage out.

"Time to see my other home, Kitten, I hope you like it," he said as they climbed into the elevator and he pressed the button for the top floor.

"I'm sure I will, Finn."

They got out of the elevator and there were only two doors, he led her towards one of them and opened it. It opened to a burst of light. The walls were all completely floor to ceiling glass, everything was chrome and modern. Rory gravitated straight to the windows to look.

"Oh My God!" she exclaimed.

"Yes Love?" Finn asked pretending to be oblivious

"The view Finn, it's amazing, how do you ever leave here?" The windows looked across the harbour at the Opera House, and the harbour bridge.

"Well sometimes I get to look at pretty things in New York as well, Kitten." he said, pulling her back into his chest. "Come on, let's get you some sleep," walking into the bedroom.

"I'm not so tired, Finn, but maybe I should try laying down," Rory said huskily, looking him up and down, with her tongue peaking out of a corner of her mouth.

"You will be the death of me woman," Finn groaned, pulling her down onto his bed where they proceeded to do anything but sleep for the morning.

Finn's family had agreed that Rory would probably be too tired to do much on Friday when she arrived. So on Saturday Finn drove them towards his parents, where they had brunch and then headed towards the beach with his sister.