forty-nine

Finn woke up to find his face buried in Rory's pillow laying on her side of the bed, he must have been trying to get closer to her scent in his sleep. He reached out to the bedside table for his cell, only to find it missing, so he rolled over and checked the other side, also no cell.

"COLIN!"

"What?" asked a disgruntled looking Colin as he arrived at the door of the master bedroom.

"Did you take my cell?" Finn asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"Yes, I did, why?"

"Fine you can have it, but I have a text in my drafts, can I at least send it to Rory?"

"Just one?"

"Yes, just one. I'll even let you hit send." Finn bargained.

"Okay, and seeing as you are giving in without a fight I will even leave your cell on and if she replies I will let you read it. Just read!"

"Thank's. Now where are the others?" Finn asked, realizing the rest of the house was suspiciously quiet.

"Still asleep, lucky bastards," Colin muttered, not quite under his breath.

"Okay, so what's the plan?"

"Jess agreed to bring over breakfast if I ordered it in advance, so that will be arriving in about an hour. There is a barber coming after that to give you a hot towel shave and tidy up, the photographer coming around lunch to get some pictures of us getting ready, and hopefully we can talk Jess into getting that for us as well. Or I suppose I could just send a driver out for it."

"Okay, so XBOX until breakfast then?" Finn asked, perking up.

"Sure, let's go." They both headed towards the theatre room where Finn had all his games systems set up, where they were joined by Robert and Seth, as they continued to play until Jess showed up.

"Jeez Colin, how much food did you really need for breakfast?" Jess exclaimed as he passed off boxes of food to the guys as he walked into the room the guys had all congregated in.

"We are growing boys Mariano." Robert retorted.

"Growing outwards, if you keep eating like that." Jess muttered.

"I heard that!"

"Well I wasn't keeping it a secret!"

"So how is your girl doing this morning Finn?" Jess asked, helping himself to one of the omelets Colin had ordered.

"I don't know, Colin has decided it's in my best interests if I don't have my cell today." Finn said, sounding slightly bitter.

"Oh yeah, here you go, check if she replied." Colin said, as he threw Finn's cell across the room at him. Finn smiled quickly at his cell seeing the response from Rory in his inbox, by the time he finished reading her response, he was trying to hide his watery eyes from his friends.

"I take it that she replied?" Colin asked. "Give me your cell back then," he ordered after Finn's nod.

"Hey Jess before we start getting ready, can I ask another favour of you?" Finn asked.

"As long as it's within reason, sure."

"Can you take something to the Plaza and deliver it to Rory for me?"

"That I can do, go and get it." Jess ordered. While Finn was gone to collect Rory's gift, Colin also took the opportunity to disappear briefly.

"Now make sure you hand it to Rory, not Paris or Steph, into Rory's hands only."