twenty four

Finn and Rory had been together for close to six months, and the holiday season was rapidly approaching. Finn and Rory were trying to decide what they wanted to do when it came to society holiday parties.

Rory was apprehensive about the possibility of any Huntzberger interactions over the season. She knew Finn had spoken to Logan, even met him for drinks on occasion since they had been together but Logan didn't know who Finn's girlfriend was, he just knew she existed. He probably thought it was a redhead.

Finn on the other hand was at the point he would happily shout it from the rooftops that they were together. He figures it was maybe time for them to deal with any potential fallout. Deep down he knew they were serious, it wasn't a fling, so he wanted to get it over and done with if they were going to have to deal with any animosity.

Rory was thinking they could attend the Morgan gathering together, along with the Hayden one. The Huntzbergers were never invited to any Hayden parties, and the Morgan one wouldn't really be a society party, just a work one. She was concerned about the Gilmore one. The Huntzbergers were always invited, while they didn't always go they thought they would come this year as Logan had just got married and they would want to try and flaunt it in front of the Gilmore's, there was still the perceived slight from when Rory turned Logan down.

Rory thought that for the Gilmore holiday party there were three options.

One - they could go together and deal with any fallout together, two - they could just not attend, or three - she could attend either alone or with a friend. Which they would choose was up for debate.

First party up was the Hayden one. Rory had to attend as head of the firm. The party was based in Boston so Rory and Finn flew there along with Francine and Chris. Everything went smoothly at the party. While the party was picked up on by the society pages the only picture ended up being Finn and Rory but Rory's back was to the camera, so that it wasn't obvious it was her. The caption said Finn Morgan and Leigh Hayden.

The next day Finn's phone was ringing off the hook. Some of the calls were from friends who knew Finn had been dating Rory, but didn't realize she was also Leigh Hayden, some were people who didn't realize Finn had a girlfriend at all. Finn answered Logan's call without having checked the caller id:

"Finn Morgan speaking."

"Finn, my man! I saw your picture in the paper. Why didn't you tell me your new girlfriend was Leigh Hayden? Talk about hitting the High Society Blue Blood's."

"She's not so new Logan, it's been six months pretty much."

"You never did tell me how you ended up with her."

"We were seated beside each other on a flight to London and it just went from there."

"I would have thought she had her own plane."

"She does, but she only uses it around the States and Canada. If she goes to Europe she likes to go commercial."

"Interesting. I'll have to meet her sometime. Maybe over the holidays. Will you be bringing her to any parties?"

"I'm not sure if we will go to any more of them. I'll bring her to the Morgan party. I think I'm going to try and bring her to Australia at some point over the holidays, if I can persuade her too.

What about you? Hitting the Society holiday party circuit?"

"Yes, I have the Huntzberger party and we have the Gilmore party. My parents are insisting I represent the family at that one."

"The Gilmore one? Have you attended that one since everything with Rory?"

"Yes, they are very insistent. The last time I went to a Gilmore party, it was as Rory's date."